Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Smeeg
Sarnak

Default Classin EQ and Titanium pack

My main goal is to make a server with just classic eq lvl 1-50. I would like to have the original zones, non- sony updated, and the original character models. Will it be easier to do this with the Titanium pack or trying to find a pre 9-13 patch and going from there.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:38 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I'm not sure if you can adjust the level cap. Also not really sure how to 'disable' zones. I mostly think of ways that I can turn off PoP so that I can work on letting people run through classic, Kunark, Vellious and Luclin while I fix PoP. Nobody likes GoD or the other expansions anyway, so no worries about people running around in those
Old 04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
mattmeck

Level cap can be changed, how to is in the wikki... will require a editing the code and a recompile.

Easy way to *lock* zones is to edit it in the DB so you need a certain status to enter, 150...200 ect... that way you can still work on them as a GM.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Wink easy

it would probally be easy with a 9/13/05 client or a titanium client. It seems you do not have the 9/13/05 so I would say go buy the titanium and do what matt said was edit the code change the level cap and change the req. status level to enter the other zones. or even better is remove those other zones from the DB you do not plan to use. so that away nobody can enter the zones.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Smeeg
Sarnak

I have not played eq in a while, however, i've read they they have changed some of the old zones. I would like to have these zones reverted back to the original classic zones. How feasible is this ?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 AM
mattmeck

You would need to distribute the old zone files which is against the law and against the rules in this community, so you cant talk about how to do it here.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:24 AM
resnovich
Fire Beetle

Default getting old zones

legally, the only way to get old zones would be to buy an old client CD set... I am not sure which zone versions come with the online trilogy download but you could try that. If it works, please let us know.
Resno
Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Mendorr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Level cap can be changed, how to is in the wikki... will require a editing the code and a recompile.
I have searched and searched through the wikki to try to find exactly how to change the level cap. Would it be possible to post a link?

Thank you
Old 05-02-2006, 03:40 AM
Cripp
Discordant

its in features.h on source code.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Smeeg
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
You would need to distribute the old zone files which is against the law and against the rules in this community, so you cant talk about how to do it here.

Is it illegal to do this even if I have all thoe old CD's? I have classic EQ, Kunark, and Velious....
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 AM
mattmeck

you got them from SOE, you can NOT give them to others.

When you buy the CD's you arent buying anything other then the right to USE them, so you dont own them and you dont have SOE's permition to give them to others.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:22 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default trilogy

mabey just mabey if the devs feel up to it have eqtrilogy compatible with 7.0 this SoE allows you to download from their site. Just do a google search for everquest downloads and ther it is
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 AM
kripsinkurehall
Sarnak

Problem with that suggestion bushman is that Sony probably changes that download frequently, if not daily
Old 05-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

An devs can't make eqemu version for each sony's package.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default the trilogy

I'm not talking abouttheir patcher or anything, but is a complete installer for eq up to velious. Hope i'm understood here, you can run the patcher afterward to patch everything up then run the installer again so that you get these older files

Unless you mean that package is being modifed dont know never really toiled with it . mabey i'll run eqver check on different occasios and post the results here.

lol it is now a 1217Mb download i see what you mean now

Last edited by bushman77; 05-04-2006 at 12:26 PM..