Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:01 AM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Default Backing up server question

Hey folks, newb, yep... but I have done a lot of reading, got the server test built on my local windows home pc, got it working, logged in to confirm it worked etc. I am now ready to start my actual server build. Will be starting that in about 5 hours, but had a question about backing up my server.

I saw some references in posts that looked like the database possibly backed itself up, or something...

Does anyone know of a page, link, thread or whatever that might have instructions on understanding how to backup your server periodically so that it could be recovered?

I thank you in advance for helping.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

There's a lot of tools you can use to create a backup of your database. Google will point you in the direction of hundreds of possibilities. When you're really serious, you should sync these backups between two machines. Also, you'll probably want to create backups of your code at the same time.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:34 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info.