Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Default Underfoot Client Graphic Lag Issue

I am not sure where to post this, seemed like this was the closest I could for what forum, if it needs to be moved, feel free thank you.

Most of the players on my server are running the UF client, and are having issues with in game graphic lag issues. Titanium users don't have issues - fairly sure this is strictly a client side issue with the UF client.

I have done some research here and online, and it seems like it is related to the client configs, but so far everything I have found hasn't really yielded any good results

Would anyone have any recommendations? The systems being used are modern and I do think I recall that EQ/EQemu was heavily CPU intensive for graphics... potential multi core issues.

At this point, we love the client, it has resolved many issues we were having with the Titanium client, and the graphics are cleaner.

Any pointers would be really appreciated. I will continue to research it and see if I can figure it out, will post steps and whatever I find as I can.

Thank you.

-monteros
Old 05-20-2017, 09:22 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Does it always happen or only during certain times? Do they have the built in FPS limiter really low?
Old 05-21-2017, 12:33 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Does it always happen or only during certain times? Do they have the built in FPS limiter really low?
Happens all the time, some open older zones not so much, hate yes - really all the time there is some noticeable graphic lag. Which is odd, it's not the hardware specs, systems are running modern ram video cards etc... I thought there was some legacy old design to the code that made new systems not the best - but its been a while.

For instance, east commons, a little lag, but not bad, but something like the plane of knowledge its really bad.

We have modified the maxfps setting up and down, mid levels etc... with very little effect if any. Just doesn't make sense. I see so many people playing and not having this issue. Just seems like it's something obvious that I haven't found.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:44 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

SOLVED

Found a break down of all the ingame graphics options defined by Daybreak.

Solution:

Options > Display > Advanced Display: Top right, "Allow hw Vertex Shaders", this option is unchecked by default, at least in our UnderFoot Install; it basically says when "CHECKED" use your graphics card. If it is unchecked it will render the game via your CPU, and open you up to multi core issues...

Hope this helps others.