Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Wisteso
Fire Beetle

Default Failure to connect to new zone about 10% of the time

This issue occurs on P99 but I believe it's likely to not be specific to their server. I've attempted to bring the issue up with them but they're not taking it too seriously yet even though its affecting a noticeably percentage of their players, (by their own admission).

Issue behavior (about 10% of the time):
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/w.../gistfile1.txt
Normal behavior (about 90% of the time):
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/w.../gistfile1.txt

The issue has been happening a good 10% of the time while zoning in my case. My connection seems to be fairly stable for everything else, I have some packet loss showing up on the ntt.net, xo.net and rr.com tier1 networks, but I'd imagine thats pretty standard. This server had zero issues for me for years until a week ago - no changes on my end.

Even if no one has any ideas on the main issue, maybe they know...
  1. Does the client try multiple times to connect to the new zone? It seems to only try once (and fails)
  2. I am running an EQEmu server on a virtual machine (no one using it though) with port forwarding. Do the server and client ports have any conflicts/overlap?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Demi-God

1. Does the client try multiple times to connect to the new zone? It seems to only try once (and fails)

The client tries more than once to connect to a new zone, yes. EQEmu however disallows this prior to a change I provided to the eqemu base late last year and I assume p99 has not picked up.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/issues/300
  2. I am running an EQEmu server on a virtual machine (no one using it though) with port forwarding. Do the server and client ports have any conflicts/overlap?

No clients/servers will not conflict, servers bind ports for listening, clients just connect. The only conflict is you cannot use a ip:port on a protocol twice, eg you can't host two world servers on the same IP address.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.