Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Default Preferred Client? Titanium or Underfoot?

Hi all,

I realize that Titanium is the preferred client for P99, but for other EQEmu servers... What is the preferred client? Is it Underfoot?

Is it something else?

Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

The client you download from steam is preferred via the up to date server source.

They plan on dropping titanium support in the near future.

Servers that use older serverside code, it is mainly titanium and most likely wont change
Old 06-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyen05 View Post
The client you download from steam is preferred via the up to date server source.

They plan on dropping titanium support in the near future.

Servers that use older serverside code, it is mainly titanium and most likely wont change
Thanks.

I don't fully understand:

I have the client from steam. You're saying that is preferred?

Servers using the older serverside code, you say is mainly titanium. Are you saying that they will likely continue to use Titanium, despite newer available clients that are compatible with EQEmu? (Such as Underfoot, of which I also have a legitimate copy of)...

I have Titanium and Underfoot. I have SoD on a flash drive somewhere from a prior computer, that I backed up just incase I had to reinstall Windows, get a new hard drive, computer, and so on.

On this computer, I have Titanium and Underfoot.

Should I be all set when servers move up to the new serverside code? The wiki seems to make it seem that Underfoot is preferred, Someone on the IRC channel said he prefers RoF2 due to it managing RAM better.

I just want to make sure I have all I need to be able to play for the present and long-run.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The current Steam client is the live version and is unsupported, there are currently no legal ways in which you can acquire a compatible EverQuest client, unless you buy the Titanium box set.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
The current Steam client is the live version and is unsupported, there are currently no legal ways in which you can acquire a compatible EverQuest client, unless you buy the Titanium box set.
I have the Titanium boxed set.

At the same time, I have a copy of Underfoot on one of my computers from Steam that I downloaded once it hit steam a while ago, and I backed it up before updating. I tried to get into EQEmu back when, when Underfoot was available on Steam and worked. I ended up getting frustrated and didn't go through with everything then.

I'll try my UF client on PEQ, as if I am remembering correctly, the backup I made was before updating.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Yeah, if you have to old Underfoot client, that will work.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Yeah, if you have to old Underfoot client, that will work.
Great!

Might you have a recommendation? PEQ or P99, and why?
Old 06-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Sure, I'll give you my opinion.

Never having played Project 1999, as I don't have the time to play anymore, I would say it's the best Classic experience you're going to get anywhere. They have reintroduced classic models, limited the boxing to 1 per IP (with exemptions for couples/families), and all around recreated the feel of the 1999 Era EverQuest in all of its glory.

Project EQ is where you'll go to play a free Live-like EverQuest, as far as Live-like is concerned, they do not have all of the content up to The Darkened Sea, but they have enough to keep you and the other 200+ players occupied and allow you to enjoy yourself.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy either server, depending upon your personal taste, as far as boxing is concerned, I don't know if Project EQ has a limit or not, but if they don't, there's that element if you're a solo player.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Sure, I'll give you my opinion.

Never having played Project 1999, as I don't have the time to play anymore, I would say it's the best Classic experience you're going to get anywhere. They have reintroduced classic models, limited the boxing to 1 per IP (with exemptions for couples/families), and all around recreated the feel of the 1999 Era EverQuest in all of its glory.

Project EQ is where you'll go to play a free Live-like EverQuest, as far as Live-like is concerned, they do not have all of the content up to The Darkened Sea, but they have enough to keep you and the other 200+ players occupied and allow you to enjoy yourself.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy either server, depending upon your personal taste, as far as boxing is concerned, I don't know if Project EQ has a limit or not, but if they don't, there's that element if you're a solo player.
Great! I've been spoiled recently and have tried out EQ Live... It is much more.... "appealing" to the eyes and more interesting to play than Classic EQ.

Being said, I do have EQ Live, and what I'm looking for more so is a community to play and chat with.

Being said, I think P99 might have a bigger community. Might that be an accurate statement?

Which one do you believe has a bigger / better experience for grouping up and playing?

At the same time, I just made a toon on the new TLP server that Daybreak Games has out.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The live version of the game definitely has more players, but quality over quantity is the way that I, and most of EQEmulator, see it when it comes to the community of servers. I believe every server has their black sheep, but I'm sure you'll find your clique in any server you play.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Quote:
The live version of the game definitely has more players, but quality over quantity is the way that I, and most of EQEmulator, see it when it comes to the community of servers. I believe every server has their black sheep, but I'm sure you'll find your clique in any server you play.
Greatly appreciated.

It seems worth it to try - In the end my decision between EQ Live and EQEmu will be mostly based off of the people I meet and encounter, group up with, guild with, and grind xp with, and so far.