Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:43 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Default Official Add - The Order of Sin

I guess I will post an official add, for our server, since some of the players have posted in the hope to recruit more players.

The server name: The Order of Sin

Info:
Our server was launched in November of 2009. We are PvP enabled, with quite a bit of custom code to help balance and avoid abuse by such programs as MQ2. Don't let the red name, from PvP, scare you off just yet... You can disable the PvP flag for hourly increments, or disable it all together; if you have the funds! There are additions to aid while zoning, which grants a 15 second immunity buff, to prevent you from being "ganked" while making the transition. PvP isn't a huge role on our server, as you can see from our killboard located on our website. It is just there to keep you paying attention. This isn't the "I can watch TV and play" server.

We do have progression, through various zones. Leveling is currently completed, from 1 - 85, in Anguish; which may be revamped soon (I haven't decided as of yet, but thinking about it). The experience rate is currently 3x, which makes getting to 85 a breeze. After you reach 85, you can then unlock Crescent Reach and begin your raiding progression. To obtain level 90, you must quest your way to the top. Then, the raids await you... Even more content is being cranked out as I speak. So far, the following zones are setup for raiding: Relic, Ashengate, and Bloodmoon. (This isn't including the single player, or grouping zones.)

We have custom gear, disciplines, and spells on our server. Spells from SoD are implemented, up to 84, then custom spells are at 85 and 90. We are working on cleaning the spells up; because of the over-population we can only see up to level 80 spells in the spell book.

Additional info:
Our server is SoD required, if you want to take advantage of all of its features. You can play up to, and on, level 85 as long as you like, on the Titanium client. SoF is bare minimum to reach level 90 and start raiding. SoD is required for everything, including the newest spells. SoD is the best client in use, by far, now anyway; so everyone should already have it!

Bots are also enabled on our server, up to 5 spawned maximum. To obtain bots, it's not as easy as summoning them. For the first quest, you must first venture into the old world, EQ Classic, and do a series of collections. Almost anyone can complete these collections, if you desire. It helps us remember the tasks that were once needed, to raid. A lot of fun zones are being revisited today! The quests become easier, the further you get into them. You can also purchase your way past the quests, as another option in the case that you have already done them and want bots on an alt; or if you simply just don't want to visit the old content.

All of our updates are posted on our FaceBook page, which you can access through our website.

We also have a Team Speak 3 server for use while your on our server, feel free to join and communicate with me as well as others that play.

Request:
My request to any, and all, players is that you submit your feed back from play time on our server. The easiest method would be an in-game email, directly to me, GRIM. I can only develop the server, once I know what you like. So if you come across anything that you think would be better than the current way, I am always up for suggestions.

Enjoy our server, and thanks for reading!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

This is by far the best server ive played on in ages =D

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 AM
lich2594
Sarnak

Yup, the leveling setup has been revamped and now has a story line to follow... Also, everyone gets a free bot now; at level 1.

Send me the feedback, it's what drives my motivation.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Dylan1994
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquest View Post
This is by far the best server ive played on in ages =D
I do agree. I've played on this server for almost 3 months now. I played on EZServer for a little bit then come to OOTS and I'm still here.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Versalin
Fire Beetle

If your're looking for a new server with fun people this is the place. The leveling is a breezy and once you get to 85 - 90 the fun really begins with interesting events, quests. Grim does a rocking job.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Hmm
Discordant

SoD required? Only way to have that when didn't buy when it was around is illegally now.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
SoD required? Only way to have that when didn't buy when it was around is illegally now.
This is unfortunate, but true. However, upon the next expansion that is supported, all of this content will still be here for our players!

We hope to see you in the future.

On a side note, quite a bit of the information in my first post is out of date... If I only had the ability to update it! Lots of things change all of the time.