Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:43 AM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Default [Addicted2EQ] x3exp Server

Hello there, just here to let you all know of a new server called [Addicted2EQ]. We have many fun customizations to offer.

-A little bit accelerated exp rates (X3)
-#zone is activated for everyone
-#bot is activated with any number of bots
-PoK hub zone with buff bots and many custom merchants
-Collect all the armor sets for you and your bots along with epic 1.0 - 2.0 and beyond.
-More custom content in the future.

Were working on making this server a great and enjoyable server. I hope you enjoy playing on it as much as i enjoy working for it. Hope to see you in game, feel free to shoot me a tell.

Player Support GM
Madhatta
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
godlyjobby2
Fire Beetle

Been playing a warrior for 2 days, the server is fun and stable. I was kinda hoping to explore zones and kill some old bosses, but so far I get killed so fast...
Couple comments I have so far:
Weight reduction bags on vendors would be a blessing
Lowered restriction on epics 1.5 and/or altenative for starting weaponry would help farming.
It's hard to get non-visible armors since you have to farm them and most alternatives are not exactly soloable (or groupable with bots)

Haven't tried GM events so far, but they sounds like fun.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlyjobby2 View Post
Been playing a warrior for 2 days, the server is fun and stable. I was kinda hoping to explore zones and kill some old bosses, but so far I get killed so fast...
Couple comments I have so far:
Weight reduction bags on vendors would be a blessing
Lowered restriction on epics 1.5 and/or altenative for starting weaponry would help farming.
It's hard to get non-visible armors since you have to farm them and most alternatives are not exactly soloable (or groupable with bots)

Haven't tried GM events so far, but they sounds like fun.
We are working on the jewlery/other armor at the moment, might make new custom vendors. Have to talk to chunk on that one.

Epic 1.5 and 2.0 are definitely gonna stay at their restrictions, we might even raise the price as you can easily get enough money for 2 or 3 1.5s by level 25 haha. Shoot us your suggestions and concerns here on in game, and if you find any bugs pelase petition them.

As far as GM events go, i usually throw them around 11pm or midnight EST, dont get much time during the day. Hope to see you around
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
godlyjobby2
Fire Beetle

I just felt that the 1-65 stretch is kinda long (especially the 51+ levels) without much improvements. I understand that the 1.5 and 2.0 epics are probably underpriced, but 65 levels equiped with the same weapon is kinda limitating. Could use some more firepower to open up some content (more damage = new targets possible for solo/group play)

Still, I'm having a good time exploring the world for places I barely (or did not) visited when I was playing on the live servers.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

I played for a few hours and found out what custom content they release will be SoF/Sod this came from chunk himself as he said he will not be revamping old zones. What the OP doesn't tell u is that the lvl cap is 85 and lvl 70+ spells req you to have SoF/SoD. They also use item icons from SoF/SoD aswell so u will see cloth neck icons for everything on there custom vendors. When i was online there were alot of people bashing titanium client and saying to download SoF/SoD Via Torrent!

Titanium users stay away far away from this server.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 PM
madhatta317
Sarnak

I dont know why chunk would have said the custom content will be SoF/SoD, the raid zone we are currently working on is actually titanium content. Yes we do use the SoF/SoD icons, I have no control over that sorry if that is inconvenient for some people. I really dont like the 85 level cap i want to get it lowered to 70 but i have to through Chunk like that.

We are in the process of retuning and balancing current content. Prices are subject to change, gear on the vendors is subject to change. Our first custom raid zone is in the process of being made and I can assure you it is titanium based.

PS Ive never heard one user on this server bash titanium
Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
klend
Fire Beetle

I play on this server as the warrior, susan.

I have a couple suggestions.

* Offer off pieces of gear at a vendor if you're going to give us crazy raid gear and our epics. What I mean by off pieces is earings, rings, backs, belts, capes, necks. If you only offer these pieces from raid content, then that's just silly. Need to follow through with gear vendors. Don't make people dig through zones or alla just to find an earing or two.

It doesn't have to be uber, maybe something from planar erra. Just something to fill those empty slots.

* Take a look into your skill gain code. I sat myself at the "Defense training dummy" for hours and never got a single skill up in defense/parry/riposte or 1hS. Something's borked!

* When testing content, please dont let the stupid monks sit there, FD'd, bot swarming the mobs you're trying to test. Also when trying to "fix" this, please dont train the other people that are there who have nothing to do with said monk.

Other than that, there's a few small details that I'm sure can be worked out. Warrior discs are way scewed up and the clicky on the 85 chest shows as unknown and doesn't work.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Vahlkan
Fire Beetle

Default crashing

Well, been playing fine and now I can't seem to get past character select screen on any server...
As soon as I hit Enter World I crash.
I want to get back on this server, I've checked around and haven't found a fix. If someone knows how to fix this send me a PM plz.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Vahlkan
Fire Beetle

Update: Created new character and logged in fine to this server. Still can't get on Vahlkan, though. This is beginning to get very annoying. Anyone know what this might be?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 AM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlkan View Post
Well, been playing fine and now I can't seem to get past character select screen on any server...
As soon as I hit Enter World I crash.
I want to get back on this server, I've checked around and haven't found a fix. If someone knows how to fix this send me a PM plz.
I will talk to Chunk this happened to me a few days ago, ill have him fix your char
Old 10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Honestly after logging back in and playing for a bit the server is pretty awesome. Leveling up with bots at a increased rate is cool and raiding Emeraldjungle with 2-3 other people is even better. now i know chunk and other gms still have a issue at hand. Do they go the sod route (which they are currently doing with 70+ spells and item icons) or do they revert to lvl 70 max and use titanium icons (which is also being discussed)

From what i understand is that Madhatta and even chunk is pushing towards the titanium route but tekom (the gm who made most of the EJ content) is pretty stubborn and wants to keep the SoD ways.

I personally had a chat with Chunk and he told me that there were 7 titanium users, 5 sod users, and 1 sof user on at this time. This brings me to belive there are still more titanium users on the EQemulator in general (this of course could be due to titanium being easier to get your hands on then sod).

All in all the proof lies in the content and atm there isent 1 sod server out that runs at a 50+ steady population. I really hope madhatta and chunk can get there stuff together because this is one of the best new servers i have played on and if they do it right i can see it growing fast.

Inb4 Titanium bashers.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 AM
freather
Fire Beetle

Default Connecting.

What is the eqhost domain for this server?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Ahh so youre kron ;]
haha like i told you ingame im working on talking with chunk about Titanium vs SoD, Im all for titanium even though im an SoD user.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 AM
lampinlance
Fire Beetle

Man, where did the server go? It's not even on the server list. I hope it's up soon.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Zodiac
Fire Beetle

Yeah, Madhattah what happened to the server? When is she ready to sail?