Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

When I get a chance I'll change the code so that clicking 'Start' also starts the server if it's stopped.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:51 AM
spider661
Discordant

nosfentora sorry to bug you but you never answered my last question i figer you may have missed it sense it was on a new page of the topic.. could you read up a post above your last and let me know what you think maybe?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

At present it doesn't broadcast. I'm looking into how to get that done and have it broadcast 2 or three times, like you said, before the server will reboot.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Ok. I've added code that should start the server when you click 'start' if the server is stopped (if it doesn't find world.exe running.)
clicking 'stop' will not stop the server, but will stop my program only.
to stop the server, you need to click 'stop server now'

i've also added code to broadcast a message at 30, 15, 5 and 1 minute before reboot. the broadcast msg can be customized but will always end in 'X minutes' where X is the timer remaining.

Links: source and win32 binaries
Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
spider661
Discordant

great program found a problem though.. the test telnet worked just fine. but when it whent to broadcast for the real shutdown i got an error.. this this is what it says.

Code:
Error brodcasting: system.invalidoperationexception: sendkeys cannot run inside this application becuase the applacation in not handling windows messages.
Either change the applicacation to handle messages, or use sendkeys.sendwait method.
at system.windows.forms.sendkeys.send(string keys, Control control, boolean wait)
at system.windows.forms.sendkeys.send(string keys)
at eqemutools.eqemutools.brodcast(string delay)
also in case it matters. i set the restart time to 0.15 so i could see how it works kinda a test. i don't know if that would have caused it or not but figured i would let you know.

Last edited by spider661; 06-11-2008 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: to add last line
Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Yea I've been getting that too - and i'm trying to figure out what i missed.

putting in .15 will just make it restart in 9 minutes (60*.15), it'll accept any numerical value - though i'm not sure what would happen with a negative value.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

OK, updated the code - it shouldn't hang at that point anymore.
i also included a debugging line so that if it does, it should tell you at what point it's having problems.

Links: source and win32 binaries
Old 06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
spider661
Discordant

its working great now.. i did notice one problem it brodcast the same message 2 times and the 1 min broadcast is saying it 2 times also once at 1 min then again right before it shuts down.. it did it for 5 mins also.

not a big deal it works great but figured you may wish to know.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I cannot seem to d/l from your links. Mind if I mirror them from my site when I do get them? Unless they are changing rapidly, we could mirror when you are done.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Spider,
Yea I noticed that too - and I think I know why - i'm actualy surprised it's not broadcasting 3 times tbh.

I'll work on playing with that and get it to broadcast only once.

I guess it could be seen as a 'feature' in that if you're in the midst of battle-spam you may not see the 1st one! =)

John,
the links aren't changing. they're from my server, I just keep posting them so folks don't have to go hunting through the threads - but you're welcome to mirror them. Let me know if you're still having problems.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I got them that time, thanks! I'll throw a link to them in my d/l section and try and keep them updated with your releases.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Sounds good. The link should always be the same - so that should make it easier for you too!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 AM
spider661
Discordant

noticed a problem i had a zone crash today and when i looked the box was up saying zone.exe crashed it was my static zone it reloaded as dynamic but still it did not kill the crash message or restart the zone i only had 20 out of 21 loaded.

i don't know if its something with the static zones or if its a bug though i have not had time to even look at the code.

anyways thought i would let you know.

note when i told it don't send to the error message it reopened the static zone. alone with the dynamic of the same name because someone was in the zone when it restarted.. but im pretty sure that was eqemu rebooting the crashed zone after i closed the error message.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider661 View Post
noticed a problem i had a zone crash today and when i looked the box was up saying zone.exe crashed it was my static zone it reloaded as dynamic but still it did not kill the crash message or restart the zone i only had 20 out of 21 loaded.
This is a known problem in eqemu. Any crashed Static Zone will reboot as dynamic on the next highest port number that has not been used yet. Was told that it would take some major work to correct this problem.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Yea i've seen that too even before I started this proggy, so I'm sure Aramid's right. Sometimes I look at the status page and there are say 29 out of 33 zones running. clicking on '29 zones booted' and it shows 33 zones up. still haven't figured that one out yet. =)

When you say it didn't kill the crash message - are you talking about the popup error message box that windows shows?
If so, next time you see one, look at task manager and see if you see a process 'DW20.exe', or 'VSJITDEBUGGER.EXE'. Let me know which one you find, and also what buttons are on the popup window - ie SEND, DON'T SEND, etc etc (and which - if any) letters are underlined. I'll need that info to adjust my code to make sure it clicks on the appropriate button.