Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 06-13-2008, 10:52 AM
spider661
Discordant

ok to see the error yourself make a static zone with a npc that sends you to poair.

if you changed the zone table for that zone set flag_needed to 1
then send to this loc
Code:
#A conversation to Teleport Player to a new zone (poair)
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text =~/Hail/i)
 {
quest::say ("Hello $name. if you would like to travel to {PoA] let me know and I will take you there.");
 }
if ($text =~/^poa$/i)
 {
quest::say ("Off you go!");
quest::movepc(215, 532.0,884.0,-92.6); 
 }
 }
this will crash the zone when talking to the npc with a lvl 1 char.

here is the answer to your question.

i see dwwin.exe not sure if thats it but i don't see either of the other 2 and if I end task it closes the pop up. and it has (send error report) and (don't send) none are underlined.

the error box is titles zone.exe and says zone.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

In short, I do not believe "flag_needed" is working properly, or it is so poorly documented that people try 1's and 0's instead of plain text (PoAFlag for instance) and once you use the #flags command or quest script to add the flag to the players, zoning in crashes the zone.

This has been my experience while trying to create flagged custom content. Search the source, you can see what values it's expecting.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:50 PM
spider661
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
In short, I do not believe "flag_needed" is working properly, or it is so poorly documented that people try 1's and 0's instead of plain text (PoAFlag for instance) and once you use the #flags command or quest script to add the flag to the players, zoning in crashes the zone.

This has been my experience while trying to create flagged custom content. Search the source, you can see what values it's expecting.
ya i understand that i think it should be 1's or 0's though thats how its set from the peq database. poair is set to 1 on the flag_needed section.. i changed it to not need any flags but before i did i noticed it was crashing the zone so i used that as an example to show the error i was getting with the crash.. its only an example i don't care about he flags really :P

but anyways thats how you force a crash.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

I'll look into it and see what i can come up with.
dw20.exe should be the app you're looking for in task manager.

i'm not sure what dwwin.exe is - unless that's drwatson, but i thought that was drwatson.exe
Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
spider661
Discordant

confirmed dwwin.exe is the error message possess.

the possess information

it is related to Dr Watson which is used by the error reporting tool

when i end the prossess the popup goes away and the static zone goes down and reloads as a dynamic.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:21 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

hmmm ... interesting.
i'll have to add that to the code then.

and you're sure that the 'send' and 'don't send' buttons do NOT have any letters underlined (like shortcut keys? ie the File menu usually has F underlined)
Old 06-13-2008, 02:29 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Ok, i've added dwwin to the code and checking for 'Close' and 'Don't Send' buttons without underlines (shortcut)

Links: source and win32 binaries

let me know how it works.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
spider661
Discordant

actually its (send error report) and (don't send) buttons and yes im sure there are no underlines under them.. ill give it a try.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
spider661
Discordant

yep it took a few secs but it closed the error message and my static zone is still running i did not noticed if it opened a new one or not the window was up the whole time but the site says all the zones are loaded. it did open my server folder but i think that is part of the server restart zone code.. not sure but it seems to be working ill let you know if i find more problems
Old 06-14-2008, 01:39 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Cool. It's the 'Don't Send', 'OK','Close' buttons that i'm working with.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

I've updated it again:

Fixed code that was killing zones that were not really hung
Log will now report that it is tracking a hung zone and the pid of the zone. Check against task manager to make sure it's at 49%+ cpu usage. if it drops back down to 0, log should report 'zone appears to have returned to normal.' and no longer track the hung zone.

When minimized it will sit in the system tray, until you click on the system tray icon.

Added an icon to make it look prettier.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
spider661
Discordant

good job on this so far have not had any probs getting new code now.. but i would say it has been a god send so far. still not liking it broadcasting 2 times but its just a minor annoyance nothing big.

ill try the new code after the next reset on my server. thanks for all the work you have put into this..

also i don't know what happened but it seams earlier today the program itself crashed after broadcasting 30 mins till rest i did not see it happen but the program was closed no error window or anything.. best i could figure it crashed and closed the error window right before it closed :P is that even possible?

would it be doable for it to reopen itself if it crashes? im guessing no becuase the program is closed on crash but was a thought.. anyways ill give the new code a try
Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
spider661
Discordant

you posted the link wronge its pointing to (:82) http port 82 i was able to get them changeing the page that poped ups address but may want to change that :P
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

it should be port 82 - and i'm pretty sure my links have always been port 82. If it works both ways, that's ok - i have apache and iis running on the same machine for different reasons.

I made some minor tweaks to the code and also added tabs to be able to view, add, edit and delete Rule_Sets, Rule_Values, and Variables

make sure you edit the options to log into your mysql database.
If you want to compile the source, you'll need MySQL Connector.Net 5.1.6
Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Damn 5 minute rule!

Important Note: The program will not load the variables tab if there is invalid data in the variables table. If it pops up with a message saying it didn't load - follow the directions.

You'll need to manually edit the variables table and change all values in the ts column from '0000-00-00 00:00:00' to a valid timestamp (ie 2008-06-18 08:50:00)