Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Default Best looking armor for any class/race?

Does anyone have an opinion as to what the best looking armor designs are for any class/race?

Basically I am trying to get opinions on what the most visually spectacular armors are in the game.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

if you using a Luclin engine then there is only 3 actual looks per race: leather, chain and plate. Well and the robes.
In special case of monks/bst you also have a Gi.

other than this armor only differs by color - your newbee plate armor and your armor from plane of time are totaly identical.

now if you using pre Luclin engine, then in Velious there were number of special armors and Crystal CHitin IMHO prabobly had the best look - its was like if you were wearing a suit of glass

unfortunately Allakhazam fashion site no longer has any picture of it for soem reason =(

another great armor model I reay liked was Noctivigant armor - it was Silver fused in gold plate kind of look with unique structure
you can see it here
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equi...DE_Female.html

of course pre Luclin models are bulky and in case of some races ultra ugly =)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Thanks a lot. I am making all custom items for my characters, and will use the Noctivagent and Crystal Chitin armor graphics for my armor set templates.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

I found the Allakhazam Everquest fashion database, so I am going through the armor photos there and seeing which armors look the best to use as armor set templates.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equi...shion_A_E.html