Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

/agree Classicgmr. You guys need to take Secrets advise and CALM DOWN. If anything your ranting will make the devs even more annoyed. It's a freaking game, if you need your fix go download the Repack and play on your own server to pass the time.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

As KLS said above:

Quote:
<FatherNitwit> FYI cavedude/KLS/anybody else who cares... current suspicion is that the switch PEQ plugs into has died.
<FatherNitwit> should get fixed tomorrow
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminor View Post
i just went on p1999 to see what they say, the makers of PEQ are moving to 1999. So no warning us, so we can waste more of our time lvling and GONE! So they want PEQ players to join so they can DISAPPEARE again! Fck this, better to pay to play. That way you know your hard work just doesn't dissapear.
I'm going to ban you for 7 days for spreading lies. Cause, that's complete bullshit.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 PM
syler
Fire Beetle

well said!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 AM
arkhamcifre
Fire Beetle

You are correct Gristle..I imagine Cavedude does have a real life. The only thing I would like to see is some short note here maybe that he knows the server is down, etc. Otherwise it does leave a lot of room for people to begin the conspiracy chatter about Project1999 and the disappearence of projecteq.net and all of that. I would imagine that Cavedude and Rogean are in regular contact also so maybe a short not by Rogean saying "Don't Panic" and to get our towels would help the situation. Alot of people including myself have invested alot of time in PEQ and just want a recognition that we are being heard. Fear and uncertainty are powerful. All the thanks in the world to Cavedude for the work he has done already...but hen you feed the junkies you gotta expect them to get crazy when you cold turkey the Evercrack.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
arkhamcifre
Fire Beetle

OK...I'm retarded or blind. I just saw that Cavedude has posted so let me get my pipe ready for some good ol' evercr...quest.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
rixardion
Fire Beetle

Hey just logged in to see if there was any news. Thanks for the update KLS. Thanks cavedude.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 AM
NoRefund420
Fire Beetle

Default is this common?

does this happen often or has it even happened befor?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
PearlJammzz
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the update. I had some friends call me earlier about it, but I had no idea (been WAY too busy w/ work, and school today to play). Glad to see it's just a switch .

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this free server. hands down the best free server I have ever played on! I'll be checking the server status page, and this thread for updates
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 AM
shalll
Fire Beetle

Last i remember peq had a issue about a year ago, took a couple of days and CD had all things fixed and running very smooth for a long time.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRefund420 View Post
does this happen often or has it even happened befor?
Just like anything that has computer equipment, hardware fails, nothing lasts forever. The server actually upgraded this year, it has brand new equipment.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
cheff
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the update CaveDude. I was kinda wondering what happen. I really enjoy PEQ, thank you for your commitment to excellence.

~Ravax Runningwolf
65 Woodelf Druid
Tunare
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
syler
Fire Beetle

I am so jacked on caffein right now I hope it comes up before I get home from work lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Bruttus
Fire Beetle

Good luck fnw and cavedude and thanks for all your hard work, see you in game !!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
I'm going to ... spread ... bullshit.
There we go, now it's farmer cavedude!
How's it going old man? Long time no see.