Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:17 AM
Indev
Fire Beetle

Post Personal Tribute drops effects/items on zoning

I've noticed this recently (past 3 months or so), across multiple servers, with both RoF and UF clients, and have run a forum search and do not see another report like this one.

Standard to Low Urgency

Not ALWAYS reproducible, but is still common enough to verify with minimal played time and a regular player account.

Personal Tribute selections are dropping one or more at a time once players have zoned out of the hometown zone, usually using #peqzone. I believe this also effects those who zone out normally to an adjacent zone, but I do not have screenshots of it happening under those circumstances.

A player adopts five Tribute Selections that are available to them (the max number allowed; no custom file or files) at an ordinary unmodified Personal Tribute Master in their hometown or any other, but upon zoning as described, it will drop anywhere from one to four of them, tho not all.

This happens whether OR NOT one has the Tribute Window OPEN and whether OR NOT one actually has Tribute "running" (counting down in 10:00 minute intervals).

The selections are all valid, the window being open makes no difference, and it makes no difference if the counters are running or not.

The very process of zoning seems to cause this, and it is as if the server side is not counting all of the hidden tribute slot "items"- or, not verifying them, or applying them. I cannot tell if the missing tributes are effects or items; both are gone when this happens, and simply re-zoning and re-taking the missing item or items from the TM does not usually fix all or any of the chosen missing Tribute selections. Merely re-zoning or character relogging never restores them either, so, this does not seem to be client side on the surface.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Uleat
Developer

Can you tell if only the last tribute is being applied?

EDIT:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...nedb.cpp#L1344

`id` (character id) is primary key for that table..

"REPLACE works exactly like INSERT, except that if an old row in the table has the same value as a new row for a PRIMARY KEY or a UNIQUE index, the old row is deleted before the new row is inserted. See Section 14.2.5, “INSERT Syntax”. "

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 04-13-2016 at 04:21 PM..
Old 04-13-2016, 05:04 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

if you access to it, does #showstats reflect tribute or not?
Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 PM
Indev
Fire Beetle

@Uleat: It may be that it is the last (most recent effect; that which was applied last) that is dropping. I know better than to say that it is "random"; but it is definitely not simply alphabetical or dropping a specific slot.

My most recent observation was that I accidentally clicked a sixth tribute effect (which was ofcourse not applied), then noticed my low level character could adopt a higher level tier of Bulwark of Honor (+N raw AC bonus) - he chose tier 3 BWoH and had five low level effects working (I hit Alt+U and STARTed to tribute running), seemingly working normally- he then peqzoned to PoK but after arriving he had no BWoH effect at all.

@demostar55: I will try to pay closer attn next time, but I am guessing that showstats will reflect that the tribute effect and hidden item are both dropped.

If I can find a couple good screenshots I will edit this post and provide them here.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Indev
Fire Beetle

I must be missing permission to edit here, oh well, here is a bulk of a few sequential screenshots, beginning when I realized that ZERO effects were being applied, and worse, the tribute window showed that tribute was running with no effects, at apparently zero cost; adding some tribute, selecting an effect, then cancelling allowed my character to choose five different ones.

All seemed normal, closed the Tribute Master Window and applied/started the clock in the personal tribute window and used peqzone to PoK-

Upon zoning, three of the selected effects were totally gone; the three most recently adopted effects were stripped.

I chose and applied the buffs in this order:
Bulwark of Honor: ranks 1, 2, 3, 4
Gills of the Bass
Persistent Boon: ranks 1, 2
Power of Recovery: ranks 1, 2
Swift Arms: ranks 1, 2, 3

However, as indicated before, I do not believe that they are always disappearing alphabetically or in order, as sometimes BwoH will be missing, or others, such as Gift of the Enchanter on higher level characters.

Character is on an ordinary a very old emu account, and is level appropriately geared and so forth; the SS were taken on a pretty straight forward legit-ish solo server that allows BOTs; there isn't much customization here- just a few custom items on one vendor in PoK. I do not know the item numbers the server OP chose for the custom items but I could find them out with MQ2 perhaps; again I do not believe this simply server specific, but there are so few "standard" servers in the community (ones with no core or db mods).

Client is RoF1, and the only UI mod I use is an updated version of XMad's original mini-inventory window.

What else can I tell you? What have I missed? Do you need the server op's custom item numbers for the very few items my char has equipped?

Cheers

http://file3.guildlaunch.net/6951/Screenshots.zip

CLIFFNOTES VERSION (sequential screen captures) :

SIDE NOTE: I noticed recently, playing on one older server which apparently has not updated their binaries in, like, years that some Tribute effects weren't always being applied, at all, most notably- and noticeably-- the two enduring breath effects. Not mentioning any names... *cough* 3.141592653....
Old 04-17-2016, 11:48 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

They need to update or pull in the fix for that. Which was ages ago ...
Old 04-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Indev
Fire Beetle

Oh, ok, well, this one is a fairly new server, not sure why they'd be using such old binaries. I apologize, I thought this was fairly new since I was seeing it on several different servers; again, some of these servers are fairly new (last 3 to 6 months).

Was this corrected before Akka's Repack was released? If not, that might explain what I'm seeing across the community.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 03:12 AM
dracir
Sarnak

Default Reviving this old thread - Aura of Clarity

All tributes are working except for Aura of Clarity.
Once activated i receive the mana regen buff, but after zoning - it is removed from my list(along with the buff).

I figured i would bump this instead of make a duplicate. I'm not sure the resolution is the same though.