Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:27 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Default Loving EQemu and interested in helping out

I'm really impressed with the state of EQemu right now. It's truly amazing what you all have done here.

I've lost all hope in DBG (or who ever becomes the next owners of Everquest eventually) ability to take this MMORPG anywhere but to the trash bin, so I want to help anyway I can to ensure the EQemu community continues on for as long as humanly possible.

If anything this emulator has shown me, it is that the EQ engine can do so much more than what is available through DBG (and SoE before them). All of the unique takes on the EverQuest game just shows that there is room for many different MMORPGs utilizing the EverQuest engine.

I just can't even begin to imagine why a company that owns the actual backend to this game engine can't make more than 1 game that uses it yet the handful of EQemu server owners have made many varied versions of the game (as well as amazingly accurate recreations of EverQuest itself).

I think that the work that has been done here on EQemu has opened a whole world of possibilities for not only custom EverQuest servers, but also very unique servers that have little in common with EverQuest other than it uses the same server and client software for many decades to come. In 20 years from now, there may be no EverQuest anymore, but there could still be EQemu.

I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to trying to incorporate the next generation of animators, graphic artists, world builders, and programmers in to the community.

It just seams to me that the community has the tools to rapidly create, deploy, and play test a MMORPG utilizing EQemu, so I would think that if we reached out to the next generation of MMORPG developers in high school and college, some might get inspired and end up making some amazing new tools and assets for the EQemu project.

That all being said, I am the new guy here. I don't know jack about the server code yet, so take this topic with a grain of salt. I might be just talking out my ass for all I know. It's just that reading about the Lantern project on these forums got me to thinking about how great it would be if EQemu some day grew in to it's own thing that existed outside of the EverQuest IP.

Just a thought, and I truly do want to help the project and community anyway I can.

Thanks for listening to me ramble,
Pharone the Gnome.