Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:46 PM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Default Client connection issue (Solved)

I have used the eqemu installation process to create a new server (for my family) and it was a very straightforward process - Thanks for streamlining it all.

When I start my server it appears in the "eqemulator" server list OK.

I can connect to the server using RoF2 client base on the PC the server is on, but cannot connect through a different PC.

I have used both Titanium and RoF2 clients to connect to other "eqemulator" servers, so I know the client side is OK.

On the server side - I have checked the ports on the firewall are all open (5998, 5999, 7000-7500, 7778 and 9000-9001.

I have tried to make sure these ports are also open on the router (not sure whether I have done this right as I don't know if I have to specify every potential named connection). I just created an umbrella EQEmu for all the above ports.

I have not tried to get it working over a LAN yet, as my son needs to connect via the internet.

I haven't listed all my config files as they are all as standard with the modifications made to the specified client and server files (eg eqemu_config.json etc)

Can anyone help out.

Thanks

Last edited by TigerFeet; 03-08-2019 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Problem solved
Old 03-07-2019, 04:06 PM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

My son has been able to get this working with a DMZ bypass.

I have set my PC with a permanant IP address, and the server with a diff permanant IP address.

Then I can enable the DMZ on the router for the server IP address while the server is running.

There is certainly a better way to achieve this - can anyone help out.

At least, for the moment, I have a server I can develop, and we will be able to play via the EQEmulator server select login screen.

Finally, I want to thank all the people who have worked so hard over many years to develop this software and package it in such an easy way to use.

I played EQ from the very start. I hate the way it has been developed over the last few years and consider Velious, Luclin and (grudgingly) PoP to be the finest expansions. It has always been a dream of mine to be able to develop and play a server of this vintage and this community has made this possible.

If anyone has any suggestions how to get my conectivity issues resolved without a DMZ hack I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks
Old 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

If all is working right in DMZ mode, that's a good indication that your LAN ports were not configured (or open) in your router properly before. If you can set your server LAN IP to static, for example, 192.168.0.1 (or whatever) and make sure all ports needed point to that IP in the router. Then all client computers on that lan should be able to put that IP in their eqhost.txt file and away they go, without any need to DMZ anything. Also, if you are not going to use the public eqemu login, (just your own login server), you don't need any ports forwarded. That's just for public use. Inside the LAN, is not needed.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:00 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Also, if you are not going to use the public eqemu login, (just your own login server), you don't need any ports forwarded. That's just for public use. Inside the LAN, is not needed.
Yea, I have never opened a port and I can log on to my server without any changes from the standard fresh install server from any computer in my house. Only exception would be if I were running VPN.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:51 PM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

It was definately a port forwarding problem.

I have an old modem-router setup (diff boxes) ans couldn't find a way to get it working.

Luckily, my son was able to find a way to do this (I had made a "small" error with the port definitions)

Anyway - good news. Now i can't start the server and connect from the internet using the eqemulator.org server select screen.

Now on to the fun part of configuring the server itself.

Thanks to all who read and replied.