Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 12-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

See the above post for today's releases. I'm planning a full-up SimpleClient release in the next few days, just as soon as I do a little more DB work (Rogean, please make sure that you can keep the site up I've been having the worst time connecting to it lately).

Wind
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Happy New Year, everyone. I've uploaded some updates tonight:

EQEmu Admin Tool 5.8

1. Merchant lists tab: Added a subpane for editing list entries. The subpane will only show one list at a time rather than all entries in the database. Changes must be made in the subpane rather than the main pane.

2. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has up and down buttons for changing the order of items in a merchant list.

3. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has a blue plus-sign button that will add an item in the current merchant list. This will automatically fill in the list ID and slot ID fields. The new record button at the bottom can still be used for adding a completely blank entry.

4. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has a "Commit item" button that will save the item entry.

OpenSpell 1.6

1. Expanded the DBGRID column primitive so it can show multiple columns if the column it references points to an array of columns (e.g. required caster level). This is optional and is off by default. It can be turned on by adding usearray="yes" to either the DBGRID or GRIDCOLUMN XML element.

2. If a grid column spawns a list of columns (see feature #1 above), one of the filter groups can be used so that only those columns will be visible when their applicable filter is enabled (e.g. tying a required caster level column to a caster class filter). This can be enabled by adding filtervisiblegroup="filtergroup" to the DBGRID or GRIDCOLUMN XML element, where the name of the filter group is in the double quotes.

3. When a filter group is used to control column visibility (see feature #2, above), the filter group can be set as sortable. If this is the case, the data list will automatically sort by the data in the visible column (e.g. caster level). This can be enabled by adding sortable="yes" to the FILTERGROUP XML element. Only one sortable filter group can be used in this way.

4. Updated the included XML file to use features #1-#3 above. The spell list on many tabs will show the caster levels when a player class filter is activated, and will automatically sort the spell list by caster level.

5. Updated the included XML file to include more duration formulas.

I needed these changes since I've added a bunch of new spells and I need to make merchant lists for them. These will make working with spells and merchant lists a LOT easier, and will open the way for me to release a new version of SimpleClient soon.

Enjoy,

Wind
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Hello everyone, I've got an important download for you all:

OpenSpell 1.7
EMERGENCY UPDATE

1. Fixed saving of spell files so that they won't be saved in sorted order when a filter is active.

If you save your spell file with version 1.6 and have a filter active, it would corrupt your spell file by saving it in sorted order. 1.7 Correctly turns sorting off before saving it and restores sorting after it's finished. If you used 1.6 earlier today, check your spell files (and hope you have backups like I do) and immediately switch to version 1.7.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Another day, another release (you can probably tell that I'm doing lots of spell work)...

OpenSpell 1.8

1. Adding a spell when a class filter is active will not cause an exception.
2. If a spell is added when a class filter is active, the spell will be automatically selected even though sorting has put it in proper spell order.
3. Added an entry box for Recourse Spell Effect, where the effect is a spell ID. Column 150 is now therefore correctly identified rather than being unknown.
4. Updated a duration formula to correctly read "0.6 * level, duration max."

Enjoy,

Wind
Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Yet another update today:

OpenSpell 1.9

1. Column types can be designated as indexes. When a column type is an index and a new spell is added, the program will automatically set the value to the current maximum value + 1. An index column is set by adding indexfield="yes" to the COLUMNTYPE element in the XML file.
2. Updated the XML file so that the spell_id column is an index column.
3. Fixed a bug where specifying default values using default="some-value" in the COLUMNTYPE element wasn't working.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Posted OpenSpell 2.0 tonight. It has some internal bugfixes.

Enjoy,

Wind
Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Posted EQEmu Admin Tool 5.9 tonight. Just a couple of minor changes:

1. Spawns tab: added a "save heightmap" button to the toolbar. The minimum size is 32x32 and the maximum size is 1024x1024. Be aware, though, that the larger the image, the longer it will take (256x256 takes several minutes).

2. Added the Mind Flayer and Hook Horror races to the race list. They come with OpenZone and, due to the way they are built, they are only for use with XWA files.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

OpenZone 8.6 is now posted, and many thanks to Richardo for providing hosting for me. Here's what's new:

1. When saving files, numbers will always be saved using the US decimal format (a period instead of a comma for a decimal point).

2. When importing Anim8or and DirectX files, the US decimal point format will always be used.

3. When reading scenes, meshes, etc., OpenZone will try to autodetect European decimal separators and convert them internally to the US format. If anyone is hand-editing OpenZone scene files (or is exporting them with another program), one thing you could do to always ensure that OpenZone never gets confused is to always put a space after comma separators. OpenZone will try to deal with it if there aren't any, but having a space accompany commas when separating elements will ensure that there will be no problems.

4. When you enter numbers in the Properties pane (along the left side of the screen), either period or comma decimal points will work. OpenZone will internally convert them to periods when evaluating them.

5. When entering any numbers in any other screens, use whatever you normally use for your locale (periods or commas).

Hopefully this will fix any problems that our European friends have been having.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Starting just openzone 8.6 and :

And just after :

After :

And if i click on menu :

Hope that help !
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
pfyon
Discordant

Wow, I finally downloaded openzone just to play around a bit with, and I'm impressed.

Also, @Belfedia, I haven't seen that error on WinXP Pro x86.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

I get a similar access violation error when I attempt to compile .s3d files. No matter if its exporting a quake 3 map or after building my own zone. I would love to be able to use this tool. It's pretty cool. Everything else works flawlessly (that I have seen so far). I guess I will continue to play around and practice creating my zone until a fix is implemented.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Packet
Hill Giant

I am actually building a machine with XP Pro x86 just for openzone. It doesn't work well on the 64bit architecture in Win 7 (as I get the same error you got). I haven't tried with the Virtual XP mode but I am unsure if that will process direct_draw or anything like that using the GPU. I'll just stick to my secondary machine.