Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Zen Hamster
Fire Beetle

Default naked characters on DB update

I updated my database this morning by sourcing dropsystem.sql and then the latest PEQ database. When I logged in all my characters were naked.

From my searches online, a few years ago this happened and someone suggested doing 'make clean' to clear out dependencies before sourcing in the new database. I have no idea what that means.

Or maybe it could be because I jumped from 1751 to 2027.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 AM
sorvani
Dragon

player tables were also updated and those are not part of the drop_system.

i'm not in front of a copy of the SVN to give you a SQL rev #. go through the required sql and you will find the one in question.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Zen Hamster
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
player tables were also updated and those are not part of the drop_system.

i'm not in front of a copy of the SVN to give you a SQL rev #. go through the required sql and you will find the one in question.
Thanks for the reply! I tried sourcing in the player tables from the updates folder without any success.

I loaded up a character and figured I would start giving him his gear back. #Finditem turned up nothing. No gear at all. Other commands like #givemoney still worked. And then I realized something: at the same time as doing the DB update, I'd upgraded to the Steam Underfoot client.

So I switched back to the Titanium client and the characters had all their gear.

I was sure UF worked with Eqemu, based on what I'd read here. Before giving up on it I'm going to try to figure out why the items that are IN the database don't want to show up.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You did update your server source code and recompile right? Updating the database is only half the job, the server needs to match the database version as well.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Zen Hamster
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
You did update your server source code and recompile right? Updating the database is only half the job, the server needs to match the database version as well.
I did not. I've tried compiling the source code once and it bombed out with errors so I've been gunshy about it ever since.

I think you're right about needing to recompile, but not because of the database. I switched back to the old database and ran some tests:

Titanium + Rev1751 = success
Underfoot + Rev1751 = failed login
Underfoot + Rev1751 + updated opcodes = success but naked characters

When I update the login opcodes Eqemu can no longer load the items. So either the opcodes need tweaking or I need to recompile the server source code.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Zen Hamster
Fire Beetle

Anyone have an idiot's guide to VS2010? I need to #include the mysql.h file. I've tried adding the folder in Project-Properties-Configuration Properties-VC++ directories/include. That does nothing and I get hundreds of compile errors.

Alternatively, is there a precompiled version of the latest Eqemu SVN files available?