Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Norrwind
Fire Beetle

Dug through logging settings in everquest folder, set log=TRUE in the eqclient.ini file, re-ran process that is giving error and then started digging into log file.

[Mon Apr 01 22:08:58 2019]00188:Initializing character select UI.
[Mon Apr 01 22:08:58 2019]00189:Resetting game UI.
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00190:Zone Connect -- 0 -- Received MSG_ZONE_ADDRESS
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00191:Zone addr [127.0.0.1:22555] received...
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00192:ZONING
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00193:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00194:Networking: using port [53887].
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00195:Networking: Connection Established [1]
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00196:Connected to 127.0.0.1:22555...

[Mon Apr 01 22:09:17 2019]00197:Zone Connect -- 2 -- Sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:19 2019]00198:Zone Connect -- 3 -- Received MSG_SEND_PC
[Mon Apr 01 22:09:19 2019]00199:ERROR: Corrupt PC [2], disconnecting.

[Mon Apr 01 22:09:19 2019]00200:disconnected at C:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:17710 (char. select) g_world == NULL

[Mon Apr 01 22:09:19 2019]00201:Character is .

[Mon Apr 01 22:09:22 2019]00202:nError is TRUE at C:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:20972

so...I'm at a loss. Looks like it's connecting to zone ok, but failing on some request or data send. Database/data issue?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrwind View Post
Read in another post about "localhost" vs "127.0.0.1" being used in various places. Any chance that could be causing something to point in the wrong direction? also any way to turn up logging information?
127.0.0.1 is what you need to use, all the way. Forget "localhost". I posted that "working" sample config for you. The intentions was for you to use it, without changing anything, other than usernames, passwords, and server long/short names, leaving everything else as is.
It's up to you, but with telnet disabled, you can use port 9000 (not 9001). That config I posted is what I am using right now on my own local server. If you get working configs set and you're still having problems, then you can start looking at other areas as the cause (and leave the configs alone).
Old 04-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

I always use the numeric designation for localhost.

I think the problem was in login.ini and less in the eqemu_config file.

I actually have a local account called 'Test' and have no issues with it.

The disco in the login server log is normal..you don't stay logged into that once the hand-off to the world server occurs.

Not sure why you're getting this:
Quote:
[World Server] Account Attempting to be created: 'Test' status: 0
Can you check your database for an existing entry?

If you manually created the account, did you remember to 'sha()' the password?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

That last client log is probably giving the best hint.

Something is causing the client to dump itself and emit a hard disconnect call to the server.

Try setting your server long name to "Test World" and shortname to "testworld" and see if that helps.

(Those line number references in the client log are internal to the client and do not relate to actual server code.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Norrwind
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the responses!

Huppy - I did use the file you posted as an example, I did not have the directories list so I added that, tweaked the "tcp" section and dropped the telnet piece as it was giving an error. Other than that I haven't really been changing the json file.

Uleat - I'm no longer using the test account and have created a few new accounts to verify the login server piece is all working (appears to be). I changed the json, renaming the server to "Test World" and "TestWorld"...same issue.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:49 PM
Uleat
Developer

These are the config files for my localhost server:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin&Paste=Iq5InHLy# (login.ini)

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin&Paste=FVFBCFyr# (eqemu_config.json)

I've been using this for years now..even prior to the xml to json change.

I don't really see anything different that might cause issues with a zone hand-off.

And ports aren't an issue on localhost - or, at least they shouldn't be.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-02-2019, 12:10 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

If you want to try something "tedious", getting rid of all characters and accounts associated with them. But just to give you a simple way, that you would understand, first login to every account you've created (one by one), delete all characters created. Then shut your server down, go into the database. Delete all entries in the "account" table. Then go into the tblloginserveraccounts table and delete all entries in there.
Then start your server back up and login, creating a brand new login name, and see what happens. I've seen issues before with actual login accounts being bugged, but it's hard to say without troubleshooting. But who knows, I've seen "clean" clients that have been bugged right off the discs as well, especially some purchased online. You could also try a different/modern client to test that.
As an absolute last resort, database tables could be bugged, in which you would have to wipe it totally and start out fresh.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:21 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Does your world.exe state anything about the disconnect?

I usually find the notations here helpful, may indicate a table missing a column etc. Looks like yours indicates something with the account. I'd delete all characters and then delete all accounts you added manually from database. It seems like something was done wrong there.

If you have done nothing to the server, you could try a fresh server by copying the EQEmuServer.pl file to a new folder and running it, use the option to create new server. (Can make a new db as well) ... Also could use this to update server if you haven't already.

I would let the server add the account, then you can set status manually.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

Here's another message that you can look for in world logs/messages:

Quote:
Zone bootup timer expired, bootup failed or too slow

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-02-2019, 10:39 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

when i re-made mine from win 7 to win10 after os install, i had some problems. i had to set teh exe to run as admin, if i recall.

i turn uac off and such too... so not sure if that's another impediment, or if it's even the same problem.

if you can't run a .bat as admin, then make a shortcut, then set that as 'run as admin'. assuming all the other dinking around didn't cause more problems along the way. sometimes starting fresh is the best option too.

i treid a ton of stuff over and over.. then ran as admin and it magically worked for me, lol. i did the x64 compile and used the script to d/l database and other stuff. swapped out exes et al., after. only use script to update dB, now.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Norrwind
Fire Beetle

Hey everyone...I deleted everquest, maria db, etc, everything I could find, wiped the file directories and started over. Got everything re-installed and a fresh DB and re-set the json, ini and eqhost files. Modified the admin account row in login_server_admin_registration (changed accountpassword). Booted up the eqemu servers, let it create the new data in the database. Shut it all down, modified the row that was inserted into loginserver_world_server_registration to point at serveradminid = 1. re-started the eqemu servers, everything popped up, started everquest, logged in (created new login data in the background), server select screen shows my servername and status = up, select server and get to character select. Create a character, un-click tutorial, click enter-world...and straight back to server select. I did notice after fresh install that when first boot of world and loginervers occurred I got two firewall popups asking if I wanted to allow access. I did not get a similar message for any sort of zone server (and when using the startup file I don't get a zone window).

Logs for loginserver look like what I'd expect, connecting and disconnecting as I login and move from login to character select.

World server shows
(charactername) Zoning from character select felwithea (Zone ID 61: Instance ID:0)

the log file for the zone is showing client linkdead.

the dbg.txt file in everquest itself is showing
zone connect -- 0 -- received MSG_ZONE_ADDRESS
zone connect -- 2 -- sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
zone connect -- 3 -- received MSG_SEND_PC
ERROR: Corrupt PC [2], disconnecting

This I consistent no matter how many times I try to get to past character select, always the same messages (port numbers change in surrounding messages).

Not sure what else to try and in the process of checking firewall settings (opened all ports for all eqemu related, turned the firewall completely off while disconnected from internet...just trying things), my network adapter on the laptop is now not working to connect to wifi adapters...so, resetting the laptop and will start over again tomorrow and see what happens. I appreciate all the help and attempts to get me squared away.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:02 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

When you run EQEmuServer.pl to create a fresh server the only thing you need to modify to login would be your long and short name (so you know which server is yours really). That should allow you to login from the same computer without issue. No need to touch anything but the .json file. Don't need to set up a loginserver, can just login and as soon as you enter server the account column will populate your account name. You can change status to 255 or whatever level you want there.

Make sure you run EQEmuServer.pl regardless to update your server. Download the assets etc to make sure you have all the files you need.

I've had several issues myself when I first started. I actually think my first issue was the same thing. My issue related to the eqemuconfig.xml (json now) file being wrong. That is why I'd suggest doing the absolute bare minimum to it and see if it works before trying to modify more.

Other issues I've had would be the character starting zone table missing a column (direction your character faces when you create them). But world.exe would indicate this to you.

And the last thing may be your client is messed up... Could be anything. I have had clients work one day and stop working the next. ( I keep a zip file of all my clients so I can remake if needed).
Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

You might also look into manually deleting any rules for zone.exe in your firewall settings.

That did look a bit odd when you posted that world registered..but, zone didn't.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Norrwind
Fire Beetle

So...reset the laptop, re-installed everything, installed new client...

SUCCESS! I'm assuming it was the client as everything else was the same (kept copies of json, ini and eqhost files from previous server install). That was the Secrets of Faydwer client, installed from discs.

Huge thank you to Huppy, Uleat, phantomghost, kokey98,
Scorpious2k, & Kattamaran.CH for pitching in with debugging. I played for a bit last night (haven't played since planes of power), have a few tweaks to make I think to get things running a bit smoother...I'm getting booted to character select every 3rd death or so, random "refreshing" on client (could be system resources?), sound effects are not working and not sure if spell effects are working (could see NPC's casting, but no spell effects if I cast from first person). But I did get to play .

Thanks again everyone!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Uleat
Developer

Glad to hear that!

Enjoy

Compilin' Dirty