Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

FatherNitwit: Quick fix for Divine Aura on pets exploit (KingMort)
Rogean: Fixed a hack to sell no-drop items to merchants. (Reported by KingMort)
Rogean: Fixed #hideme, it won't show you zone in and then disappear anymore. (Reported by KingMort)

Guess who implemented those code fixes? Guess how long ago that was?

Now, let's see what I did:

Secrets: Added Perl Client GetIP() and NPC GetMinDMG() commands.
Trevius: (Secrets) Added quest::creategroundobjectfrommodel(modelname, x, y, z, heading, [type]) command.
Trevius: (Secrets) quest::creategroundobject(itemid, x, y, z, heading) now returns object ID.
Trevius: (Secrets) Added Object List Iteration functions GetObjectByDBID(id), GetObjectByID(id), GetObjectList().
Trevius: (Secrets) exported Objects to Perl with the following commands:
IsGroundSpawn(), Close(), Delete(reset_state=false), StartDecay(), DeleteItem(index), IsObject(),
Save(), SetID(set_id), ClearUser(), DBID(), GetID(), GetX(), GetY(), GetZ(), GetHeading(), VarSave(),
GetType(), SetType(type), GetIcon(), SetIcon(icon), GetItemID(), SetItemID(itemid), SetLocation(x, y, z),
SetX(XPos), SetY(YPos), SetZ(ZPos), SetHeading(heading), SetModelName(name), GetModelName(), Repop(), Depop().
Secrets: Characters with HPs higher than 30k will no longer be set back to 30k current health when zoning.
Secrets: Mana can now exceed 32k without rolling over to 0.
Secrets: Added new Perl::Client command, ReadBook(Book Text, Type), to allow sending a book/scroll to clients via quests. Type 0 = scroll, type 1 = book.
Secrets: Implemented quest::voicetell(PlayerName, MacroNumber, RaceNumber, GenderNumer).
WildcardX: Potential bug fix for #bot camp zone crash bug. Continued work on bot animations. (thanks much to Frumph and Secrets for their assistance)
Trevius: (Secrets) Minor fix for the new Maxlevel Scaling for NPCs to correct a HP issue if they have visible armor/weapons or buffs.
Trevius: (Secrets) Added new quest::gmsay("message") command that will send a message to all GMs (GMs only) on the server.
Trevius: (Secrets/Trevius) Added 2 new fields (maxlevel & scalerate) to npc_types for allowing NPCs to spawn within a range of levels and scale stats at the rate set
KLS: (Secrets) min/max damage updated to int32
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32198
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32194
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32161
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27567

You contributed anything lately? No, don't think so.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 PM
KingMort
Banned

Yes , I think so.. Did you not read my posts ? I have been in discussion with both Congdar and WildcardX in reference to several bugs involving dupes not mentioning which and it's nothing to do with what you said.

Besides when did this turn into a post about what it is I contribute..

You want to know what I contribute? A quality server for people to enjoy!

That is what i spend most of my time on and how dare you for saying i don't contribute, because any bug I find I have always reported!!!

This is a post about how Rogean has treated me unfairly and you have Hijacked this post which is also breaking some rules.. I was doing so in a respectful manner and suddenly here you are flaming the shit out of me !

Keep setting that great example !

I'll set an example of my own, If your in Eqemu and you need help with your server or quests or how to figure out anything you send me an email "KingMortenson@yahoo.com" and I will be very happy to help you.. Avoiding people that abuse others like these people may not be possible but at least you can find a friendly face here at Raid Addicts.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
You want to know what I contribute? A quality server for people to enjoy!
Obviously it's not quality if I hear about your escapades every week about banning a player. You even have a forum where you post people you banned. Guess what? It's all of your playerbase. That could mean one of two things: Players don't repect you enough to be respectful, or you get so little respect due to the quality you are pushing out.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Keep setting that great example !
Doing that with you. Without you, this thread wouldn't exist, and I wouldn't have my late night amusement.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:18 PM
KingMort
Banned

What do you know ? You haven't been a part of my project in over a year because I fired you!

The fact is I have a great number of great players currently. And it's growing in leaps and bounds since i made new levels and spells.

I am happy your amused by calling me names and accusing me of things I never did.

I want to Apologize to the community for this thread going on so long but I refuse to let these people walk over me and call me useless and call me a trouble maker and whatever it is they are trying to do.

KLS , I apologize to you for having this go this far I have done my best to remain tactful and not flame anyone. I know you probably don't like me but I am hoping that you will end this in a way that is fair. I have done nothing wrong , that is the facts. I have remained low key and unseen for months and months and suddenly this.. I feel the need to defend myself with these posts but I have no desire to cause any problems.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort
want to Apologize to the community for this thread going on so long but I refuse to let these people walk over me and call me useless and call me a trouble maker and whatever it is they are trying to do.
I also refuse to acknoweldge that I have an eating problem.

On an unrelated note, I weigh 375 pounds.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

lol Secrets beat me to it.

I don't think its necessary for you to defend yourself Secrets, everybody knows how much you contribute not only to the EqEmu project overall but to individual servers as well. And while we butted heads over style before, I am totally digging this side of you lol.

Most people probably don't realize what its like helping mort, he is very selfish with his time, he will simply log off or vanish when he is done for the night, leaving you to sit and wait, wondering wtf is going on. Usually when people are helping you, you try to meet them halfway, be courteous and nice, mort is the complete opposite. He then turns around and claims whatever work you do as his own. I'm sure people are beginning to understand what it would be like the longer this thread goes on.

Quote:
And it's growing in leaps and bounds since i made new levels and spells.
Case in point. While you are quick to point out that I cheated on your server, not so quick to point out that without me you wouldn't have new levels, new spells or even new binaries(KMRA was at rev 1033.... over 600 revisions behind...). Just like you take credit for the bot system which you had no hand in and many other things... there is a reason people don't respect you and its not because you arent getting your say in the Everquest Supreme Court of Fairness.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
What do you know ? You haven't been a part of my project in over a year because I fired you!

The fact is I have a great number of great players currently. And it's growing in leaps and bounds since i made new levels and spells.

I am happy your amused by calling me names and accusing me of things I never did.

I want to Apologize to the community for this thread going on so long but I refuse to let these people walk over me and call me useless and call me a trouble maker and whatever it is they are trying to do.
What do you know? You haven't been contributing to our project in over a year because you're KingMort!

The fact is I have a great number of great serverops currently. And it's growing in leaps and bounds since I make fun of people like you.

I am happy your amused by calling me a liar, thief, and accusing me of things I never did.

I want to apologize to the community for this thread going on so long but I refuse to let KingMort walk over me and call me a liar, thief, and accusing me of things I never did and whatever it is they are trying to do.

template:

Quote:
What do you know? You haven't been contributing to our project in over a year because ((reason))

The fact is I have a great number of great ((noun)) currently. And it's growing in leaps and bounds since ((reason for noun)).

I am happy your amused by ((verb with reason))

I want to apologize to the community for this thread going on so long but I refuse to let ((noun of attacker)) walk over me and ((reason 2 or reason 1)) and whatever it is they are trying to do.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Most people probably don't realize what its like helping mort, he is very selfish with his time, he will simply log off or vanish when he is done for the night, leaving you to sit and wait, wondering wtf is going on. Usually when people are helping you, you try to meet them halfway, be courteous and nice, mort is the complete opposite. He then turns around and claims whatever work you do as his own. I'm sure people are beginning to understand what it would be like the longer this thread goes on.
This is the reason I think everyone stopped helping him and/or stopped caring.

ps: hi
Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
KingMort
Banned

Well whatever man I am just trying to defend myself for this slander...

All of what Rogean said is not true, and the posts your making are slanderous and hurtful. All of these things shouldn't be coming from Devs because your supposed to set a good example yet here you are flaming me over and over.

That's right I am KingMort and i am sorry that you have problems with me but that by no means has anything to do with the way I have been treated here recently.

And no you don't know anything about my project or it's people anymore because your gone. And great good for you and glad your helping other server ops but guess what so am I.

I have helped over a dozen new servers come to status over the years simply by answering questions and aiding in anyway I can. Lots of people realize how much experience I have with Eqemu servers so they come to me.

I'm always here to help btw folks. Log in and send me a tell or toss me an email any time.

Again I apologize to the Community for , well i don't think i have anything to apologize for this time other than defending myself against slander
I apologize to whatever dev (KLS most likely) who has to go through this and make maybe hard choices. Banning me will settle this but I honestly do not find myself at fault in this situation. I feel that I have been bullied by children who unfortunetly have many issues over me eventually disbanding them from my services.. The only negative flames and feedback that has come out of this post thus far are from people who in fact are banned from my server so of course they are going to take sides with the un-just. No this isn't supposed to be a fair world for everyone but I sure hope that the community understands that I am simply trying to exist and provide a fun place for everyone and some how out of no where after laying low for months and months and helping bug report I get accused of all of this stuff.. And in the end fact is I have done nothing to deserve this.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
I am confused as to which Misery your referring to here ?

And Akkadius Well... Not to make you eat your own words but I see my name on there SEVERAL TIMES !!!!

Lots of times people don't even give me credit for things that I report. But I still report them none the less!

Secrets you keep on insulting me all you want it's not effecting me and you know nothing about what I have contributed.

Doodman received lots of funds from my way over many years. Until the paypal addy changed I had no problem donating because I knew the funds were going to a worth cause.

Now I am not so sure since it's all going to Rogean and there haven't been any improvments done with those funds that I can see.. If there have been improvments made with those funds please list them or show me where i can read about it.

All of my funds are posted about and everything is accounted for and people know where their money goes when they donate to raid addicts.. It's clearly listed on my donation page!
Need I say I completely 100% believe that posting on Mort's 1000th thread on "How great you are and how you never do anything wrong," is going to inevitably end in the locked status because no compromise can be made on Mort's perspective; because it's your world apparently, we just live in it. No matter how many endless upon endless points people make about how YOU take advantage of others and how many claims you make about how great you are and belittle others about what they DON'T do is not hohorable at all.

Even in spite of all of this, even in spite of that conversation that we had when I was at the end of my finals at a very long night high on sleeping meds had you still pled to this greatness that you have bestowed upon yourself and how my server will fail. Once again making this belittle statement that you have been making to Secrets for the past how many ridiculous posts.

Secrets doesn't normally post repeated points in posts either, nor does Rogean, nor anyone else who you define as 'Devs'. Want to know why? Because it's going to end up the same way.

This is a project, and by god we are graciously thankful to be here because we could have easily been shut down if we as a community hadn't tried to respect who's property this game actually belongs to.

I consider it an honor even have a foot in this community considering it is following the work of many. And have contributed what I have contributed with the very limited time I have. And by claiming you OWN this community is ridiculous.

I continually still offer you help when you need it, but blindly you still talk to me as if I am some peon who knows much less than you, and apparently is trying to steal the content that others have made for you to reap from their pain. And to prove this point reading the thread before I go on:

Quote:
Caryatis: Most people probably don't realize what its like helping mort, he is very selfish with his time, he will simply log off or vanish when he is done for the night, leaving you to sit and wait, wondering wtf is going on. Usually when people are helping you, you try to meet them halfway, be courteous and nice, mort is the complete opposite. He then turns around and claims whatever work you do as his own. I'm sure people are beginning to understand what it would be like the longer this thread goes on.
Bottom line, this thread is once again another pointless 'locked' status that will once again go nowhere because it is proven by time that the only reason this is continuing is because he will be nice to your face when he wants something, but can give a two shits less if you haven't donated or don't choose to tolerate how ridiculous he handles situations and his decision making process with his operation.

Once again Mort, obviously I am not directly bashing you. I'm simply pointing out in fair neutral standpoint that it is very obvious that you are not Mr. Sunshine who has never committed anything.

As much as I REALLY did NOT want to post here; your logic loops in dead ends, fails, and contradicts.

And as much as you apologize each and every time this happens, people want to believe you because you are so incredible two faced. Until you get on your high horse and tear everyone down, no one has ANY problem with you nor does have any beef with you until you start challenging your ego against others. To conclude this thought, there have been times where I have had NO problem with you at all. And other times the entitlement and self-righteousness drives people up a wall after they feel taken advantage of, or feel like others have been.

I will continue to help you, I have no problems with that. I have helped EZ server with some changes that have taken worlds stress off of his shoulders. But that could not have been done without KLS's work to begin with. A community looks after each other, we don't own each other, no single person takes credit for everything. Even though, credit to people who have busted their humps for you have obviously been dust in the wind, or blamed for the fault of something else (Look under your name for example). Like Caryatis, like Secrets and many others.

And for the record, I didn't have to bring up that conversation to anyone. You could pull it up on google since day one.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...-8&sa=N&tab=iw

I apologize the community for even having to make a post like this analyzing this situation in possibly not the greatest form. But this is pretty much the gist of it without getting detailed and derailed from the point.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:11 PM
KingMort
Banned

Yup I love this community to

But you have to go back to my initial post to understand why i have defended myself to this extent:

FACT: I have done nothing wrong at all to deserve this. They are punishing me for something I did months ago or something even though they already punished me months ago and banned me and I served my time!

Why is it I am being punished a 2nd time for something I have already been punished for

Why is the population of my server being punished as well ? They can no longer connect to their server that they have played on for years and possibly even if I could make my own login server there would have to be a char wipe..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Code:
re·per·cus·sion  (rpr-kshn, rpr-)
n.
1. An often indirect effect, influence, or result that is produced by an event or action.
2. A recoil, rebounding, or reciprocal motion after impact.
3. A reflection, especially of sound.
Nobody is punishing you lol, you are a victim of yourself and are experiencing the repercussions of your actions.

And nobody is punishing your server except you. If you cant fix your server or make friends who can, then its not anybody else's fault but your own. Unless Rogean bans it from the login list but thats a pipe dream.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 PM
KingMort
Banned

No one is Punishing me Yeah right.. I get accused and then executed publicly then flamed publicly for something I didn't even do.

In 1930, Gandhi defied the British law by making salt on the shores of Dandi. To enforce the law of the land, the British had to arrest the Indians and they courted arrest in millions and rendered the administration ineffective.

Hence with my own posts I have done nothing but defend myself against attackers who seem to run the whole show around here now apparently the community , thousands of players are willing to just trust them implicitly yet they flame me openly here and demote my status making it harder to be a part of the community in the end. I have not acted in a Violent or Irrashional way whatsoever I merely mean to inform people that I am being treated unfairly

I do not want to Fight , nor do I wish to flame. But things have come to my attention recently that lots of banned players are spreading lies and horrible rumors to both Rogean and Secrets. Though they could be as what I had claimed before as completely grudged for being disbanded from my project at one point or another it still does not say that they aren't being fed mis-information

Again I have to Claim all Innocence here regarding my recent demotions .

Rogean claimed at first that it was due to down time which then turned into several other accusations which simply were not true which then lead to Banned players and EX Gm's such as Secrets making claims and accusing me of other stuff while at the same time completely insulting my project , and myself.

So if I have to protest in a non violent and non flaming way during my stay here due to injustices such as this then so be it. But let there be no one say I am breaking any rules because they are obviously making things up on the spot. (PS Where are the Eqemu Rules Listed and where in those rules describes status of servers and server ops)

Please inform the community as a whole so that we may be educated and at that point I will stfu .. Perhaps I am out of line here but I really do not think so. I think people are simple minded and the only negative replies to this entire post has been from people I have fired / banned from my project INCLUDING Rogean and Secrets and Carytalis
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM
KLS
Administrator

Closed, those of you who acted inappropriately know who you are.
Closed Thread