Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:07 PM
Draugr
Hill Giant

Default [HELP] Friend Can't connect to server & an Error message with MariaDB

Hi Everyone.

First, I've hosted plenty of game servers over the years including Ark, Conan Exiles, Ultima Online and even Everquest many years ago, so I have the basic knowledge of configuring and port forwarding. Now, getting that out of the way, I am coming across two issues, one must be some sort of port issue, but I don't understand how as I have all the necessary ports opened both for TCP and UDP as defined in the Windows Server installation page.

UPDATE This issue appears to be with the local / server loginserver, if the default eqemulator loginserver is used, my friend can connect fine. Does anyone know what the issue may be? It can't be a port issue as I tried opening all the ports on the server and still my friend gets the black screen then the disconnect message. This only happens with the local login server.

The following ports are forwarded to the server.

Port Purpose
9000-9001 World process
7000-7500 Zone processes
7778 UCS / Mail
5998 Loginserver (Titanium)
5999 Loginserver (SoD+)
6000 Loginserver (HTTP Rest API)

My home network is not a typical setup. I have a Linux-based firewall that has access to the external Internet IP from my ISP and then two internal yet separate networks, one for my home computers and devices and a separate network just for my game and music server. My home network is 192.168.1.x and the game server network is 192.168.45.x.

I can connect from my home network to the EQ server on the Game Server network by using the external Internet IP (using the 192.168.45.x address won't work as the 192.168.1.x network can't see it). So I take it the request goes out through my home network and comes back to the server network through the firewall.

My friend who lives in Florida can login, the server sees and creates a login server account, he then sees my server on the server list, but when he tries to join the server it just sits there then eventually times out. The server side disconnects his client.

We are both using Secrets of Faydwer and port 5998 in the eqhost.txt file.

I'm sure others may have experienced similar issues and I'm hoping someone might have some advice or even a resolution to this issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: The issue appears to be Strawberry Perl, maybe not MariaDB as the title states.

The second issue is an error window that pops up for each zone instance. I'll include a screenshot of the error. I did my EQemu install from the "eqemu_installer_files_x64.zip" that I downloaded from...

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...lation-windows

After completing the install I configured the json file and launched the server. Everything seems to work fine except this popup appear 30 times which I gather is once per zone instance. I close them out (the popups) and everything seems to work as normal. I played through the entire Gloommingdeep zone completing all the quests, loading my bots, etc, and then left to go to the Planes of Knowledge and my ultimate destination of good ol' Qeynos.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to resolve it?

Here is the popup

and here is the path the above popup mentions. You can see the file is there in the listed directory.

NOTE: I've tried a clean install twice after the first attempt in case something went wrong. I removed everything installed by the installer perl, mariadb aka mysql, the eqemu folder, etc. I even cleared out the path environment variable. I then rebooted and tried the process from scratch all over again, still get the same pop ups.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John

PS: Just in case it is important my game server box is an i7 32GB RAM running Windows 8.1 PRO