Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Pandaman
Fire Beetle

Default Custom Items

I'm working on creating custom items for quests through the database, and there's a few issues.

One.. MySQL crashes whenever I try to see how many items there actually are in the PEQ database, which causes the problem of me creating custom items to be quite a task.

Could someone please respond with the # of items in the PEQ database so I can go off of that?

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Most recent PEQ database has 76214 items, with the last ID being 119462 according to my DB.

You should really try to figure out why mysql is crashing. Are you using WAMP? What query are you using to get the items? Are you using a gui to make modifications to your db (I prefer MySQL GUI Tools)? Is the DB hosted on the same box as the server?

Even using 'SELECT id FROM items;' takes 0.38s when using command-line from a linux box. If you have an exceptionally old, or highly-loaded, computer, it might take long enough that you'd think it crashed.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Pandaman
Fire Beetle

I'm using SQL-YOG and just going through the GUI they have. I open up the tables, and Microsoft Runtime crashes.

Normally, it's almost instant. but for some reason, the items table really dislikes me. I can select things with a query, but most of the time, it just crashes it. Atleast when I open the table.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Stupid edit time limit expired.

Using command line SELECT * FROM items took 9.99 seconds for my box to process, and more like a minute or two for the console to render.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

considering that there is 72k items and each item has over 100 field entries, you asking the Db to pull out basically 7.2 million individual entries, and unless you have A LOT of free RAM the whole thing may very well crash

best to to view items either just pull 1k at a time, or limit the field you want to see

for example:

SELECT id, name, price FROM items where id>2000 and id<3000;

only shows you 3 properties and only for items in range of IDs from 2k to 3k

another thing- download official mySQl query browser from official site. Its awesome =)
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Pandaman
Fire Beetle

The strange thing is, if it is RAM dependent, I should.. be fine.

I ran a WoW private server off of my computer until it hit 200 players. That was fine with pulling up over 500,000 items.

I have 6 gigs of ram, and as of right now, according to this, only 4% of my processor is being used while the server, my client, aswell as mozilla are running. And about 2 gigs of RAM.

I'm really shitty at queries, so I like to use a GUI-based thing. ;(
Old 09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
Most recent PEQ database has 76214 items, with the last ID being 119462 according to my DB.

You should really try to figure out why mysql is crashing. Are you using WAMP? What query are you using to get the items? Are you using a gui to make modifications to your db (I prefer MySQL GUI Tools)? Is the DB hosted on the same box as the server?

Even using 'SELECT id FROM items;' takes 0.38s when using command-line from a linux box. If you have an exceptionally old, or highly-loaded, computer, it might take long enough that you'd think it crashed.
Actually, as of 974. we are up to 79487 with a max ID of 119463.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post

I ran a WoW private server off of my computer until it hit 200 players. That was fine with pulling up over 500,000 items.

I have 6 gigs of ram, and as of right now, according to this, only 4% of my processor is being used while the server, my client, aswell as mozilla are running. And about 2 gigs of RAM.

it is possible that your program is simply corrupted
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Actually, as of 974. we are up to 79487 with a max ID of 119463.
Hmm, ran all the updates from rev 32 of the db and that's what I have. I was previously at rev 31. Those updates don't include new items?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:

Perhaps you should try a different gui program, mysql query browser, or I think ValesEQ suggests HeidiSQL in their wiki walkthroughs.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
trevius
Developer

I use Navicat lite and it is pretty sweet. Also, just for creating custom items, I would highly suggest using GeorgeS' Item Editor tool. It makes creating items very easy and you can see all of the important fields and change them all from a single easily editable screen. I don't know if you can actually create items from scratch with it, but it can copy items which is just as good. I just leave some blank items made specifically for copying for things like quests, armor sets and so on. It also explains some of the fields that aren't too easy to understand at first, which is nice.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Pandaman
Fire Beetle

Sounds like I will be using Navicat Lite.

As far as GeorgeS item editor, I will attempt to get that figured out.

His tools hate me. A lot.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Krakfor
Fire Beetle

I also use GeorgeS's Item editor and it's great! I had trouble installing too, eventually had to (on windows box) open a command prompt as administrator, then run the register_ocx job. For some reason just right-clicking the file and selecting 'run as administrator' from Windows explorer wouldn't register the controls.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
MySQL crashes whenever I try to see how many items there actually are in the PEQ database, which causes the problem of me creating custom items to be quite a task.

Could someone please respond with the # of items in the PEQ database so I can go off of that?
Try these queries instead:
Code:
mysql> SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE COUNT(id) FROM items;
+-----------+
| COUNT(id) |
+-----------+
|     76214 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Code:
mysql> SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE MAX(id) FROM items;
+---------+