Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
rizzen
Fire Beetle

Default Destroyed Lands Server

Hello,

Looking for more players for my server. Website is www.destroyedlands.com if anyone is interested in reading up about it. Not a lot of information on the website but more will be added. Private server address, it is not found on the main list. The server has been up for over 6 months and is updated as changes come. Server backups are performed weekly. This server is up 24/7.
www.destroyedlands.com
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzen View Post
Hello,

Looking for more players for my server. Website is www.destroyedlands.com if anyone is interested in reading up about it. Not a lot of information on the website but more will be added. Private server address, it is not found on the main list. The server has been up for over 6 months and is updated as changes come. Server backups are performed weekly. This server is up 24/7.
I'm pretty sure we only allow servers to be posted here that are on the main list. The rest go in the "off-topic" forum. Sorry.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 AM
rizzen
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we only allow servers to be posted here that are on the main list. The rest go in the "off-topic" forum. Sorry.
That should probably be something that is stickied then I would think. So because someone does not choose to use the eqemu login server they are not really part of the community? That doesn't seem right to me. Of Topic is for things that have nothing to do with the emulator. I would say this post has to do with the emulator.

"Misc::Off Topic
Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here."
www.destroyedlands.com
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzen View Post
That should probably be something that is stickied then I would think. So because someone does not choose to use the eqemu login server they are not really part of the community? That doesn't seem right to me. Of Topic is for things that have nothing to do with the emulator. I would say this post has to do with the emulator.

"Misc::Off Topic
Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here."
Shards of Dalaya is not part of the community and is not permitted to post in server discussion, I assume you should follow the same rules, as we don't make special exceptions. It's an unwritten rule and if you want it written, we'll write it.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:56 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I know that advertisement of other Logins Software is prohibited. However if he is using Mini Login, which was developed by this community, technically he is still a part of it. I guess Rogean can give us a definite ruling on this matter for the future reference...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Shards of Dalaya is not part of the community and is not permitted to post in server discussion, I assume you should follow the same rules, as we don't make special exceptions. It's an unwritten rule and if you want it written, we'll write it.
but SOD does not use our server code and he does, people that dont use the public login still contribute to the project. I find this hard to believe we are going to start chasing members off because they use mini-login?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
rizzen
Fire Beetle

Quote:
but SOD does not use our server code and he does, people that dont use the public login still contribute to the project. I find this hard to believe we are going to start chasing members off because they use mini-login?
I actually use your install Leslamarch and I thank you for all your hard work. It has made things so much easier.
www.destroyedlands.com
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
rizzen
Fire Beetle

I will be looking to add 2 people to my staff. If you are interested in joining please get in contact with me. Mainly for world building/quests
www.destroyedlands.com