Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-24-2015, 05:54 AM
le-ork
Fire Beetle

Default Rof2 grouping issues after zoning

Having just got RoF2 up and running on PEQ server, so far very much enjoying the clients features, however there are occasional issues after zoning chars.

Basically whats happening is, on some occasions when chars zone, some (random) chars will show as out of the zone/raid in the group/raid window.

They will however show up in a /who.

Zoning or camping resolves the issue, but it is very similar in nature to this bug from a couple weeks ago.
http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15388

One thing I observed last night is that the exp on the affected char drops to 0% when the issue occurs (on zoning it returns to 100% in lvl 65)
Old 02-24-2015, 02:06 PM
trevius
Developer

It sounds like you are not on the latest source code. Those all sound like issues from a few weeks or so ago. Are you using some pre-compiled binaries, or did you compile your own? What date are the binaries/compile from? If you don't know, you may be able to check your changelog.txt file to see what it shows for the most recent update. Not everyone puts their updates in there, but you can get an idea of what date your update is from by checking it.

Compare it to this one:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../changelog.txt
Old 02-24-2015, 03:03 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

This is happening on PEQ

EDIT: Akkadius also reported this happening on EZ, but he didn't realize he did :P (the raid window doubling up toons is a symptom of whatever is going on) I'm also pretty sure it's not limited to RoF2
Old 02-24-2015, 05:06 PM
provocating
Demi-God

We also have had strange grouping issues. Sometimes you will accept a group but the group window will not show anyone. The next time you zone you very will could be in the group and the window will show everyone. We also occasionally have to camp all players. I have personally witnessed this on UF.

Other times you will have a group up but you cannot remove the person from the group.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:07 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
This is happening on PEQ

EDIT: Akkadius also reported this happening on EZ, but he didn't realize he did :P (the raid window doubling up toons is a symptom of whatever is going on) I'm also pretty sure it's not limited to RoF2
I don't doubt there are issues with raids like that which still need to get corrected. Since normal groups and raid groups are handled mostly separately in the source, an issue seen with raids won't necessarily exist in normal groups.

I believe I have worked out the majority of the group issues. I haven't touched raid stuff at all. The last issue I recall is there was a bad query related to raid leaders, which is the same query that was failing for groups that I fixed a while back. I don't recall if that raid leaders query ever got fixed, but I am pretty sure it could cause issues related to zoning and raids. IIRC, it is a simple fix to just change an INSERT to a REPLACE INTO in the query for the raid leaders table updates.

I too agree that this is unlikely to be an RoF2-specific issue. It probably happens on all clients. If it isn't the raid leaders query issue, then I wouldn't even know where to start troubleshooting it unless someone can reproduce it 100% and provide those steps here.

For any server admins that see this issue, I would first check your related tables to see what is showing in there. I have seen some group related issues popup a few times over the past few months related to the auto-update script. This would only be an issue on Linux servers that have a persist_world script and what can happen is the update script prevents world from starting if you have required updates to make and don't go through the menu. But, then the persist_world script launches and starts restarting world every 2 seconds. When world starts, part of the process is to delete all groups from the database, so basically all groups poof every 2 seconds. If you zone in this scenario, the group will be gone every time. To fix it, you have to kill the script process and world process, then start world by itself (without the start script) and run through the menu to update the required updates. Then, kill world again and start your server normally with the start script. The permanent fix is to add the update script into your startup script prior to starting any of the actual server processes. This way, by the time world is started, the updates are already all completed.

The above is probably not what is causing the reported issues in this thread, but something worth noting in case anyone runs into it.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

This is the same issue I posted about here. I can confirm I get the can't see/target bug on both RoF2 and Titanium as of a couple days ago.

It's also worth noting that while I sometimes can zone into a zone and all characters can see each other, it almost never works out that way if I kill and rez all of mine (4).
Old 03-14-2015, 01:13 PM
druid64
Fire Beetle

I am having a similar issue on Rof2. Groups and players will randomly disband after zoning but it only seems to happen when there are mercs in the group.

This is on a brand new server install. Latest everything and updated on Debian 7.