Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 04-05-2017, 01:10 AM
bkiv
Fire Beetle

Default NPC Editor only saving about 1/3 of changes

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I just got EoC 2.0 working for the first time today. It is an awesome tool except the NPC editor is only permanently saving about 1/3 of the changes I am making (regardless of whether I use mass field editing, or editing an individual NPC).

Any suggestions on how to get it to keep all the changes?

Thank you in advance!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:40 AM
joligario
Developer

Which fields specifically?
Old 04-05-2017, 11:33 AM
bkiv
Fire Beetle

As far as I can tell, all of them.

Example 1: I pulled up zone: Greater faydark, and typed in orc. My goal is to change all the mobs in zone to level 40 - 43 (and scale them up). I refined the search to include "orc" I used the mass field editor to make changes to their lvl, hp, min dmg, max dmg, atks, AC, atk spd, atk delay, all major stat columns, and atk. It all appeared in the table correctly and I didn't receive any error messages while it executed. I removed the search criteria of orc to look at all the mobs in the zone again, and when it refreshed; most of the changes were reverted back. I went into the zone on my GM char (level 60) to see if it was just eoc that wasn't updated. I had some orcs that conned light blue (were level 40-43) with the hp of the original level 4-8 version. I had mobs that were level 4-8 with 4k hp, etc...

Example 2: Before I made changes to the "orc" mobs in gfay, I noticed there was a guard with Orc in his name and I figured I'd just go back and edit him after doing the mass changes. Even though the orcs were messed up, I figured I'd try to go and edit just this one NPC and see if it stuck. I upped his level, hp, and for fun changed his weapon. I now notice it actually made a new NPC for Guard_Orcflayer (old id: 54212 new/postedit id: 54212) Is this normal? How do I know which one will spawn?

Example 3: Aggro radius is the biggest problem I see as a newcomer to the world of emu server creation. You practically have to run right into KoS mobs for them to attack you. I went into a zone I have spent a lot of time in (the accursed temple of cazic thule) and did a mass field edit of the aggroradius column to set all the mobs in the zone to 70 (just a number I thought I'd test out). Only 3 of the first 10 NPCs still have the value to 70 after coming back to the page.

One thing to note, I am using google chrome and can't see the entire table in my browser window as it appears in screenshots. Perhaps outside my field of view is a "working" indicator or something I am not seeing that would tip me off as to why changes aren't being fully executed? I wrote the original post at like 1 am so my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:58 AM
bkiv
Fire Beetle

Default Test just now

Tried the cazic thule change again this morning in firefox. Same kind of results.

Just after mass edit was completed:

Waited a minute or two (just to be safe) and hit Search again:

Old 04-05-2017, 11:59 AM
joligario
Developer

So this is not the individual NPC editor, but a mass edit function? Can you pastebin your editor log entries related to the changes you are trying to make?

EDIT: Ah so this is not the php editor. Got it. Will defer to Akkadius on this.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:33 PM
bkiv
Fire Beetle

I have discovered that in order to make changes to the table in the parent window, I have to very quickly click in the field, make an edit, then hit enter before the field becomes deselected after about a second or so.

If I do not hit enter within the same second or so that I make the change, I cannot click on that field and hit enter to submit the change. Although the value looks correct in EoC 2.0, it doesn't resend the change to the db so when I navigate away from the page; the changes are lost.

It seems the speed at which it is trying to update changes to the database is causing it to miss the changes performed by the mass editor. Is there a way to make it rescan the tables and update?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:42 AM
bkiv
Fire Beetle

Another problem:

I was able to successfully implement Akka's old NPC Scale/Engine system that uses the zone controller mob (super awesome), but when I added #'s to a mob name in the EoC 2.0 table, it initially worked but then deleted the names of the named mobs. This happened whether the # was added at the beginning or the end of the name.