Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Default Zek [PVP] Season 2 will begin Friday, October 21st 2016. Opening at 5PM PST/8PM EST.

This sums up the server nicely I think (All credit to Nerfed for this list). If you have any more questions or wish to give the server a try, please visit us at Our Website www.eqpvp.com

For anyone coming over from P99 here some of the ways Zek differs from P99.

The Basics: Two team pvp server with item loot. Limited zones to classic, nexus (safe zone), bazaar/sh (pvp merchants), and 4 custom zones. Level 50 will be the max level.

General Gameplay
1. Much faster Leveling.
x2 or x3 and rotating hotzones. (TBD)
No hybrid xp penalty.
Large group XP bonus.
Level caps to help people with lower play time keep up. Example: First week max level is level 20. Then a week of level 30 etc.

2. Spell file (Similar to ZAM’s database)
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html
Casters do more damage.
Melee do more damage when geared.
Monks are the best afk dps.
Mages OP at lower levels.
Melee have it rough until they get resist gear which can be hard to get in classic.

3. Pets.
Pets zone with you but come out on other side before you finish zoning and at half health. Enemy can kill your pet if you’re not careful. This make epic pets viable.
Pets can tank. On P99 if you go into melee range the npc will switch to you. That doesn’t happen on zek. This includes charmed npcs. Example: In Velious you can have a charmed giant to tank AoW for you. Good for lower population server. Warriors still tanked zones like ToV where there was nothing to charm.
You can give an npc weapons then kill it to get the weapons back.
Malachite and Bone chips can be bought from vendors for 1cp and stack to 100.
Pet window shows pet buffs.

On charmed pets you can see the charm duration.
Go away works. Tip: To recharm cast charm and click go away right before spell finishes.

4. Boxing. Limited to 2.
5. Inventory item loot on pvp kill. 1 item
6. No petition quest. For the most part GMs are hands off unless someone is cheating, exploiting, or something is broken. There are systems in place to catch cheaters.
7. You can save spell sets and right click gems. No need to go through spell book.
8. Researched spells are sold in east commons tunnel.
9. Items stack to 100 instead of 20.
10. Items vendor for less. (Half) Slightly harder to make pp.
11. Dispelling a group member only gets rid of debuffs. If you dispel yourself you can hit buffs.
12. Revamped version of most zones.
13. When you die in PVP you respawn with your gear. No corpse run.
14. Sitting gains agro. More noticeable at lower levels, but if you get on the agro list then sit you will generate agro per tick. It’s probably the same amount regardless of level which is why it isn’t a big deal at higher levels.
15. Good Low level money spot: South Ro Orcs. They can drop masks that sell for 2pp and helms that sell for 6pp.
16. Naggy and Vox are extremely buffed.
17. Factions increase and decrease much faster. If velious was open you could get max ally to dragons in an hour or two.
18. PvP kills result in everyone in the group getting a ticket. The turn in spot for tickets is in east commons tunnel. Might be moved to bazaar. Turning a ticket in gives you a pvp point and some money. Points are used to buy various items like potions, spells, equipment, epics etc.
19. Hybrids have a lot more mana. Same int/wis to mana ratio as casters.
20. PVP window works. Leaderboard stats etc (ctrl + p by default). Leaderboard doesn’t show number of deaths.
21. Infamy mechanic to prevent out of range healing and low level training. High infamy allows anyone to attack you. You gain infamy by healing someone out of your pvp range (out of range healers) or by agroing mobs that are much higher level than you (low lvl training).
22. Can’t bind in dungeons.
23. You can recharge items to one charge by selling and buying it back. (not worth imo)
24. High cooldown on insta click damage items. Example: 8 hour cooldown on red wood wand.
25. You can proc on corpses and team members. No weapon swing animation. Useful for overthere hammer and buff procs.
26. Translocators. No waiting on boats.
27. You can port to surefall.
28. Nexus ports
North = Gfay and Butcherblock.
South = South Ro and Tox
East = North Karana
West = West Commons

Items
1. Free stat food (Misty Thicket Picnic) and starter gear from Reefman the Generous. He is in most newbie zones.
2. Manastone’s can be used in any zone. Drops from Evil Eye in lower guk.

Damage can break root.
Killing yourself ports you to bind with gear (melee gate).

3. Jboots

Drops off of Najena in Najena.
They do not drop off of Drelzna.
The quest does not work. It’s meant to be a pvp camp.

4. AoN’s drop off golems in plane of fear. As well as for PVP points.
5. Box of Abu-Kar drops off Spectre in Oasis, Feerrott, Ocean of Tears.
6. Diamonds can drop off lower guk named. (important for jewelcrafting resist gear)
7. Pegasus feather cloak – Trigger spawns near lake zone and paths to Splitpaw. Quillmane has three spawns. One by hermit, one by centaurs, and one west of aviaks on the wall. The west wall spawn doesn’t path, but the other spawns do.
8. Rubicite drops randomly off trash in Cazic Thule. High chance, but BP is somewhat rare.

4 custom zones. Here are the zone in locations
Pinnacle Caves - West side of Nexus - Hail the gnome. LvL 8-23ish. Can't zone in if you're over LvL 30

Mirguals chamber - Everfrost south east corner. South of perma. Level 20+

Western Ro - Oasis near orc highway. Level 22+

Scarlet Desert - Lake Rathe Location Unknown at this time. Level 30 - 50

City take over (all of this might change)

To take over a city you have to kill all of the guards before they respawn. The guards you need to kill will have a guild tag and when you kill one it will tell you how many are left in the zone. For some cities you might have to clear two or three zones. Example:

Once you own a town you can buy upgrades in east common tunnels. You buy cards and hand them to one of your guards. You can give your guard levels, hp, class spells, ports etc. Giving your guard a class spell basically gives you a buff bot. Make the guard lvl 60 and give it a cleric card and now it will buff passerby’s with aegoism. If you give your guard a port card you can hail it to get port options. You can also kill the enemy team’s guards or take their town to prevent them from having them / make them waste money. Caps for guard level/hp/armor etc TBD. By default guards are set to friendly, but the owner can make them hostile to non-team members.

Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-10-2016, 12:58 AM
microlo
Sarnak

What Client is this on ROF2 does not seem to work and i believe that is the only supported client now?
Old 10-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlo View Post
What Client is this on ROF2 does not seem to work and i believe that is the only supported client now?
The server is titanium based, you would need a titanium install, then after using the patcher or manually replacing the server files noted here: http://www.eqpvp.com/index.php/topic...0.html#msg9260

We have a custom eqgame to allow us to freely set team colors (name over head), as well as removing restrictions on the client for pvp level ranges (for abilities like kick, etc.).
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:39 PM
microlo
Sarnak

I really wish i could play on this server it sounds awesome, however i cant play on titanium. Would have been fun
Old 10-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlo View Post
I really wish i could play on this server it sounds awesome, however i cant play on titanium. Would have been fun
Appreciate the interest, unfortunately given the hard coded mechanics in the client for PVP, the team colors requirement, etc. maintaining the Titanium client is our focus and we do not have any plans to support other clients. As you know we cannot offer up the titanium client you would have to obtain it on your own.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:52 PM
microlo
Sarnak

Yeah was trying to figure out how to get it. My old computer that died had p99 set up on it but i lost all of that
Old 10-20-2016, 04:18 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

1 Days till launch. If your interested, or have any questions feel free to PM me here, or on our website.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:32 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Season 2 will begin TODAY (Fri, Oct 21)!!! Opening at 5PM PST / 8PM EST.

Tags
eqpvp, pvp, zek