Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:51 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

A few more things. If its RZ ruleset thats cool, but please don't make the faction like RZ. On Zek (which was RZ ruleset) the NPC's attacked people randomly who were fighting near them, not based on who had faction. I could be ally to someone and they could be scowl and be invis but as soon as I hit them the npc's jump me over him which is extremely gay. Please make it to where they attack the one with lesser faction only and leave the higher faction alone like it was on SZ.

Is the magic dmg reduced to 66% like zek?

Lvl 50's won't even attempt to kill out of their range because that penalty is super harsh. I would think it would be better to impose a less harsher rule like they lose kills (IE lvl 50 kills a level 23 then he loses 27 kills 50-23). Just a suggestion.

Im super excited about this server. So many people will want to play. BTW those are just suggestions. Obviously I'm not you and I can't see the disadvantage at the moment. And if you could answer the rest of my question on my original post, I would be psyched.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
klamath
Sarnak

say you was 34 and the level range was 6 u be able to attack level 28 and 40, so this server goes like so 34 you can attack 26 or level 42. And at 46 u can only attack 42 or a level 50 so its gome down by 4 level range. At 50 you can kill anyone you so wish but there is a price to pay if u attack and kill someone under the level of 46.

Aftar reviewing the level 50 rule we thought of changeing it a little if u take 20% hp off a level 45 or below and he dies from a mob you will lose 20% Xp.

If you kill a person under 30 now its been changed u will lose a full level anyone under 20 you will lose 2 levels.

This rule is here to stay. Because i have been on so many servers and its over real fast so this should last a while.

Faction is working well and should not attack you if your an ally.

Last edited by klamath; 07-12-2006 at 03:24 AM..
Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Barl
Sarnak

I was wondering if the old RZ ruleset was that you could loot one droppable item or either a droppable or a no drop item? Which one will it be?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:03 AM
klamath
Sarnak

There is no no drop items. you do the maths apart from weps and range .
Old 07-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Barl
Sarnak

Cool, the server sounds pretty unreal then
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Smeeg
Sarnak

how are the beta's coming....
Old 07-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Silenteer
Sarnak

Hi, my name is Warsaint.
You say MQ is 100% disabled..
I will be the judge of that

I look forward to it, whens beta?

PS. Hopefully your right about the MQ thing.
MacroQuest is getting really pathetic and lame, even for me.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Barl
Sarnak

lololol hi2u WS
Old 07-15-2006, 07:19 PM
StreziumProvantus
Fire Beetle

Default Meditation

One thing that really bothered me about original Everquest is the fact that while meditating you had to look at your spellbook and thats it. They eventually put the change, to have it meditate while you sit. Will this addition be implemented on the server?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Smedy
Sarnak

when will the server be out? cant wait to whoop warsaints ass in fair game pvp
Old 07-17-2006, 07:50 AM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Klamath, check pm's please bro.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
wolverine
Fire Beetle

Seriously, I'm all over this server when it's released. If properly run, I'm absolutely donating to keep it up. I've been waiting for something like this to pop up for years.

Psyched!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:14 PM
klamath
Sarnak

All beta's are closed for the moment due to an error we got due to a new patch we are trying to get back upto speed so should'nt be long.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Klamath, is there a place we can post questions about the server? Do you have boards or do you want us to ask specific questions in this thread?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

I'm going to go ahead and ask them here since there doesn't seem to be another place and this is as good as any~

Some of these questions may seem obvious, but I have played on almost every EQemu PVP server out there, and these are all things I have seen changed or broken on PVP servers before.

Every one of these questions will help people determine what class they will be playing and if they will be boxing (assuming its allowed). I have personally wasted too much time leveling classes on servers without knowing that certain key class elements/spells or class-effecting game mechanics had been changed or removed. I know these are a lot of questions but a lot of people are looking forward to your server and I, for one, do not want to waste a bunch of time once the server opens finding out all these things when it is too late

1. You stated that the only spells that will be in game are those in classic EQ. How will we obtain these spells? If it is through normal classic means (i.e. buying them as opposed to a spell distributer NPC) how will you deal with the classic spells that are not normally on vendors (quest or research only), such as Ice Comet?

2. Do debuff spells, such as Tashani, Malo, etc., do 1.5X the normal debuff effect, like in Live PVP?

3. Do damage spells do 66% damage in PVP, and if so does this include DoTs?

4. When Kunark opens are Kunark era spells going to become avaiable?

5. Has melee damage been altered at all, or is it the same as Live?

6. Is there a group experience modifier (bonus) that is different from Live?

7. Are all classic EQ item drops/named mobs in game? I.e. does the Foreman Tunic drop off the Foreman in sola, do GEBs drop of ELord in solb, GBS off Pyzgin, etc?

8. Specifically, are Jboots in game? (not asking how you get them if you want to keep it under wraps, just asking if they are obtainable)

9. Are there any tradeskills functioning, specifically jewelcraft? And if not is there a vendor where we can buy stat jewelry that we would normally be able to buy off players?

10. Are the planes going to be open and populated?

Again, I know these are a lot of questions, but each one has an impact on exactly how the server should be approached when it opens.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread