Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Campion
Fire Beetle

Default Server differences

Is there a maintained list that shows what the differences are between all these servers?

I'm new here, just tried P1999 and it's hardcore (love it), but I just don't have the time to invest. I'd like a fast levelling server with classic content. I don't mind custom stuff.

Or, a server with admin functionality so I can invul myself to travel to all the old stomping grounds that I remember during my EQ playing days of 1999-2001.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

on a server list screen when you click on INFO soem servers post details about what they are.

Generaly there is:
P1999 (as you found out) - its True hard Core 99 classic
Grand Creation - modern days EQ, true to LIVE
All kinds of custom servers.
EZ server is the one which has standard world but like 5x XP rate and you start out with epic gear at level 1.
Among other custom server is best all around is StormHaven its easy solo first 50 levels, but they difficulty spikes up for the raiding. The server is 80% custom content.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

imo check out some other servers too before you stick to one. you might find some really nice and quality servers out there, besides the ones ChaosSlayerZ listed. every server has it's own "milieu". trust me, it worths to take a look around