Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-12-2002, 09:15 PM
lizgarian
Fire Beetle

Default setting up a server for use at school. could use some help

hello everyone. I turned on a group of people at my school to eqemu. including my teacher ( Cisco networking teacher) and we would like to set up a server at our school. I don't like to beg for files or anything. but when we were reading the install guide and faq. we found this area about local network connections and servers. but they included a file called publiclogin for the login server. we have everything else set up server wise and ini files (including mysql and all database settings). but we can not find the publiclogin server file anywhere on the website. yet it was included in the faq. is this file no longer in service. or is there just no link to it on the site. we would all appreciate it if you could help us out here. and good work with the emu.

--On further note sorry if this offends anyone. because I have noticed in the past when people were asking for files they would get flamed upon and this is not our sole intensions
thank you for your time and any help you can provide us

~lizgarian~ (speaking on behalf of john wood community collage) -- a local collage in Illinois
V
Old 12-13-2002, 12:18 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

what's a public loginserver file?

the public loginservers are running and if you dont use minilogin (and i recommend that you do not use it) you need to connect to the public loginserver for authentification. the adress is in the "eqhost.txt" (which can be downloaded from eqemu.net/eqhost.txt) and in the loginserver.ini

read the manual again. if i understand you correctly the manual never states that you will get the binaries or sources for the login servers.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:15 AM
lizgarian
Fire Beetle

Default this is from the readme on the eqemu website

i copied this from the website to let you all see what we seen. to hopefully clear up some info

-----------------------------------------Start------------------------------------
Part 4- Hosting your own server on your Public Login Server ( supports 12 accounts ; 8 characters per account )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****INSTALL METHOD 3****

Hosting your own EQEmu Server / Login Server

1. Follow the above steps in Method 1 and Method 2 but edit eqhost.txt to say (EverQuest Directory)
Change the "IP OF PUBLIC LOGIN SERVER" to the IP Address of public login server

[Registration Servers]
{
"IP OF PUBLIC LOGIN SERVER:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"IP OF PUBLIC LOGIN SERVER:5999"
}

2. And edit LoginServer.ini to say
Change the fields that are CAPITALIZED

[LoginServer]
loginserver=IP OF PUBLIC LOGIN SERVER
loginserver2=IP OF PUBLIC LOGIN SERVER
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=YOUR SERVER NAME HERE
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=IP OF MACHINE THAT RUNS WORLD.EXE

3. Edit Boot5Zones.bat
Change YourIP to Your IP
Change WorldIP to IP of machine that runs world.exe

i.e

start zone . YourIP 7995 WorldIP
start zone . YourIP 7996 WorldIP
start zone . YourIP 7997 WorldIP
start zone . YourIP 7998 WorldIP
start zone . YourIP 7999 WorldIP

4. Run PublicLogin.exe
Run World.exe
Run Boot5Zones.bat

5. If you want others to connect to your Server via Your Public Login tell them to edit there eqhost.txt to say what
your eqhost.txt says

6. Load up EverQuest via EQW or "patchme"
Login using

eqemu as the username and password

NOTE: eqemu account should be flagged 200 *Server Op* status if not

If you want to flag the eqemu account, click Start, Run and type "command" without the quotes and hit enter.
Type "cd c:\eqemu" without the quotes and hit enter.
Type "world.exe flag eqemu 200" without the quotes and hit enter.
this will flag the eqemu account as a ServerOP (all commands).

Status Listing: 0= Normal, 10= PU, 80= Quest Troupe, 100= GM, 101= GM-Events, 150= LGM, 200= Serverop (All commands)

-------------------------------------stop----------------------------------------
V
Old 12-13-2002, 09:27 AM
RangerofStrife
Fire Beetle

Public login server is the server hosted by EQEmu.

You can use the minilogin program as a login server for a local area network but from what I gathered it only supports one account logged in at a time.

My server (Darklight) just uses the public login (EQEmu's) and the other computers log into my server through the login server.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Pneu
Sarnak

He's right, the publiclogin used to be a seperate download so you could host your own login server therefor allowing remote connections but not being available to other Eqemu users. Your friends would have to set their Eqhost.txt to your login server address.

I have not seen this file since I returned to Eqemu last week.

It is/was a good file if you have a group of friends you want to play with and don't want other users to snag your bandwidth or if you are still an EQlive player and don't want to advertise that you are in breach of the EULA [by running your own server] and just want people you trust to connect.

Pneu
Old 12-13-2002, 11:27 AM
just_add_water
Hill Giant

Minilogin can support remote connections,up to 255(uses a IP based system) But ITS BROKEN ATM (AKA. not working)