Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
itsme
Fire Beetle

Default play everquest offline?

I've been wondering aobut this for a long time. Does anyone know how, or if it is even possible to play everquest offline all by yourself? I'd be happy just playing the game all by myself, without having to log onto a sever. I hope this is possible. Am I the only one who has ever wondered about this?
THX
Old 04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Derision
Developer

Yes, search the forums for minilogin, that allows you to do what you want (you will also have to create your own server, see Jezzebell's guide in the Tutorials forum for that).
Old 04-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Beretta
Sarnak

Default Yep!

You sure can play offline. Though what i would recommend, is to keep looking back on this site for database updates since not every zone is populated or populated correctly, there are still numerous updates to come. But do what Derision said and search the forums for minilogin, what minilogin does is it acts like a server connect thingey like when you log into the regular everquest. It initially has to connect to a server that knows how to process it. Minilogin if i remember right, does that all for you. There are many many good guides for running all different types of servers on windows. Not too many for linux but still . . .
Old 04-06-2004, 01:36 PM
themushygod
Sarnak

Minilogin

i just finished setting up my own lil server and now enjoy playing offline its great fun

and i beleave it can be set up over a lan too

Goto
EQEMulator View topic - HOWTO Set up a Minilogin server (Local Server)
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12644

also read
EQEMulator View topic - HOWTO Setup a server with EQEmu 5.X
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11423

I used those 2 tutorials and it goes great
Old 04-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Zedd_RD
Fire Beetle

hi themushygod i have the same desire to setup everquest and play offline is it possible to teach me how to do it ?? please since u had good results.
you will be deeply thanked !!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Memener
Dragon

if you guys followed the guide and still have problems let me know i will help yall out i have made a back up of my server that i could yet yall download and you wouldnt have to set anything up...

it uses 2 zones and the ips i use are 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
mysql 4.0.18
comes with a my.ini you put in your windows folder
good 5.5 exes

and it had been test and works great on my other computers

also i am working on a download able LAN server so other computer can play with out setting anything up

also this is my 500th post

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Zedd_RD
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memenerr
if you guys followed the guide and still have problems let me know i will help yall out i have made a back up of my server that i could yet yall download and you wouldnt have to set anything up...

it uses 2 zones and the ips i use are 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
mysql 4.0.18
comes with a my.ini you put in your windows folder
good 5.5 exes

and it had been test and works great on my other computers

also i am working on a download able LAN server so other computer can play with out setting anything up

also this is my 500th post
hi Memenerr i was wonder what guides u are refering to is it the one on this post or some other guide if my memeory serves me correctly there used to a bunch of good guides on this but i can;t found it anymore.
in others can u help me ?
Please ?
thanks