Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-09-2004, 10:58 PM
jasmine
Fire Beetle

Default Pok / luc / zones

At the risk of being flamed I do try to use the seach button as much as possible...

Only real thread i got was someone teling the guy to check this forum for same prob...

Ok after a few days I finnaly got my server up and running /woot

anyways I could not get a clear reason on why pok / luc .. ect dont work == Im thinking its a DB thing? == my biggest one i want working is pok zones. (even when i try to #castspell (pok gate) all it does it shoots me high in the air and then im stuck in geometry and get some message that this zone isnt ready or somthing like that)

running 5.9-DR2 and the 58 clasic DB

Another issue is getting luclin expansion enabled... When trying to create say a beastlord pops up with the need expasion message.. i'm thinking these 2 probles are related some how but not sure

thanks
Old 10-09-2004, 11:45 PM
squire
Fire Beetle

I was able to get the luclin models enabled by setting the value of Expansions in the variable table to 255.

Here's the code:
DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. This worked for me but I am not sure it will work for everyone. This is the cma clause =) I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your database, server, pc, mind, health, etc.

Code:
UPDATE dbname.variables
SET value=255
WHERE varname='Expansions';
This does not give you the zones. You'll need to add those yourself. I had saved the old database and just created a new one for 5.9 so this is the code I used to update. NOTE: The zones are not populated yet. I have not gotten to it so all the new zones are empty.

Disclaimer above still applies.

Code:
insert into 59db.zone 
	(short_name, file_name, long_name, 
	safe_x, safe_y, safe_z, minium_level, 
	minium_status, zoneidnumber, 
	timezone, maxclients, weather, 
	note, underworld, minclip, maxclip, 
	fog_minclip, fog_maxclip, fog_blue, 
	fog_red, fog_green, sky, ztype, zone_exp_multiplier, 
	walkspeed, time_type)
select short_name, file_name, long_name, 
	safe_x, safe_y, safe_z, minium_level, 
	minium_status, zoneidnumber, 
	timezone, maxclients, weather, 
	'' as note, underworld, minclip, maxclip, 
	fog_minclip, fog_maxclip, fog_blue, 
	fog_red, fog_green, sky, ztype, zone_exp_multiplier, 
	walkspeed, time_type 
from 57db.zone
where zoneidnumber not in (comma seperated list of zoneidnumber's that are already in the 58 classic database)
Old 10-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

By setting the expansions variable to 255 You will be able to zone to luclin zones, pop zones...etc. They will NOT be populated as they were not collected in your DB. That means no mobs / npcs / anything.

I'm working on creating a copy of the DB i use...which contains Eq Classic up on through PoP with spawned zones..5.9 compatible. However i have a lot of custom content to delete if i plan to do that. Look for it within a week or so.