Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Bazill
Fire Beetle

Default freezing when connecting after typed name and password

ok ive setup a server with minilogin and made a miniloginaccounts.ini goes something like this:

# Max 200 lines total (including comments and blank lines)
# Blank lines may mess up the line # reported in error messages
127.0.0.1 name password

and when i start up eq i come to the login screen and type in my username and password and press enter and then it says

login into the server ... please wait

but then it goes no further

please help!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
solid11
Discordant

If your client is compatible with the emu your running, try adding this line into your server. I believe I had that same problem at one point.

INSERT INTO account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('USERNAME_HERE',250,'127.0.0.1');

Replace USERNAME_HERE with the login name that you will use to log into your server to play. Enter in the name exactly as you will use to login to your server.
(Example) INSERT INTO account (name,status, inilogin_ip)values('Mike1234',250,'127.0.0.1');

Maybe that will help.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:35 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

What if I'm not using minilogin? I'm tryin to run a server on EQEmu's login servers.. but I get the same thing while trying to connect to EQEmu's login servers, at the same spot, right after user name/PW.

Even if I don't have my server up, I still can't connect and look at other's servers.

It happens every time, and i have to ALT+CTRL+DEL to get out of it. Any ideas on how to fix that??

BTW, I'm pretty sure I have the correct version of EQ.

Any help appriceated. thanks
Old 05-23-2005, 03:33 AM
junkie
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem, server loads fine and everything but when i try to log in it just freezes. And i've tried those sql commands already... Nothing Any ideas? I tried connecting to eqemulator.net:5998 and got through with no problem so It couldnt' be my client. Does anyone have a live compatable login server?

Last edited by junkie; 05-23-2005 at 02:09 PM..
Old 05-23-2005, 07:06 AM
sirreality
Fire Beetle

junkie,

1. when was the last time you patched EQ (i.e. played EQ Live)?
No, there is no live compatible server available if you have patched after 5-10-2005. If this is the case, you can pretty much stop here, there is no compatible emu for Live client right now.

2. If this is your emu server, you will need to provide more details about the environment, such as the emu server version, OS, etc...
3. Are you currently able to log in to other emu servers as a player?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Xman2450
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

Okay, I ran into the same problem. So, I uninstalled and started over from the beginning without patching. But now another problem manifests itself.

After reinstalling I was able to get to the server selection screen and create my character. What puzzles me though is that the game looks like it will load but then returns to the server selection screen and gives me a message stating that I am missing expansion packs. It also asks me if I would like to modify my patcher to get these updates. Now, knowing that I can't patch to the live servers and expect to play on EQEmu, I click "No". Which starts the whole process over again.

I can't seem to actually get ON a server. So, I guess my question, becomes: Am I in a Catch-22? I can't play if I patch, but I have to patch to play...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman2450
Okay, I ran into the same problem. So, I uninstalled and started over from the beginning without patching. But now another problem manifests itself.

After reinstalling I was able to get to the server selection screen and create my character. What puzzles me though is that the game looks like it will load but then returns to the server selection screen and gives me a message stating that I am missing expansion packs. It also asks me if I would like to modify my patcher to get these updates. Now, knowing that I can't patch to the live servers and expect to play on EQEmu, I click "No". Which starts the whole process over again.

I can't seem to actually get ON a server. So, I guess my question, becomes: Am I in a Catch-22? I can't play if I patch, but I have to patch to play...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
No..You must understand something right now..You cant NOT patch when installing the game from scratch. You must patch and DL all expansions.
Then you can try to play on a live compatible server but not the ones that work with a version with an older patch. Expansions have nothing to do with it. PEQ is live compatible right now so you should get in with your live patch.
Then NEVER patch that folder again.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Xman2450
Fire Beetle

I guess I must be missing something. You say that PEQ is live compatible yet I can't even get to the server selection screen to log into it. After I enter my user and password it simply hangs...indefinitely. So, I can't even get to the PEQ server.

No worries though. Guess I'll slip back over to the DAoC shards.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman2450
I guess I must be missing something. You say that PEQ is live compatible yet I can't even get to the server selection screen to log into it. After I enter my user and password it simply hangs...indefinitely. So, I can't even get to the PEQ server.

No worries though. Guess I'll slip back over to the DAoC shards.

Thanks for all your help.
Sorry..Make sure your number in eqhost is 5998 not 5994 it should work like a charm.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Xman2450
Fire Beetle

Talking

That did it! Thanks!