Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Default Classic Server with minor changes?

A few months ago, I jumped onto Project 1999 and loved it. Due to my demanding job, however, I know I will never be able to get access to the major raid content, which is what I miss most about EQ. I do, however, really want to play a classic server but does some of the following: (1) has faster exp; (2) has increased spawn times; (3) has higher drop rates; and (4) is solo/duo/single group focused (could take down hate or fear with a single group). Simply put, I want P99 with an easy button.

I have also thought about creating my own server, but I am a computer idiot - I love what you people do, but I can't wrap my head around it. If there was, however, some easy way to easily take classic code and tweak it per my desires above, I would "give it the old college try."

If anyone has any recommendations for an "easy" classic server or could try to walk me through making a server of my own, please let me know.

To everyone working on this project - thank you for your time and effort.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

I am sorry to clarify my earlier post. I think I understand how to set up a server using PEQ, the issue is getting "classic" drops like manastone, guise, etc. and having classic zones. I think that trying to modify the code would be too difficult. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
bodi
Hill Giant

on Nagafen's Lair, you quest to unlock the expansions by yourself, so you're in classic until you do the quest to gain access to kunark, then you have to complete another uber quest to unlock velious, etc.

Xp is 1x, but its soloable with 1 group raids, so average time to 50 is 20 hours or less, depending on how much you want to camp fabled etc. We also have Manastone and Pre-nerf guise of deciever etc.

Its got a real classic feel and most of our players have come from p1999. We're in alpha testing right now, beta next month, but you're welcome to log in and try it out!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

That sounds great. I will give it a shot
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

try out Gnomish Proviing Grounds. classic with very minor custom loot. really fast spawn times, 3x exp and locked to Vel. atm. Classic drops are active.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 AM
gobster1
Fire Beetle

15 - 45 people online each day on Gnomish Proving Grounds, as well. Check out our new website.

http://eq.battlefinder.com

Cheers!
GM Ashes
Gnomish Proving Grounds
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

I have been playing GNP for the past few days - I have to highly recommend this server!