Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 AM
BlackHorse
Fire Beetle

Default How to setup bots in current version?

I just followed the server setup instructions for Linux on Debian 7. My server is working great, but I wanted to get some bots going as well. I found SQL scripts here on this forum that worked to add all the bot tables to my database and have Bot in my command table. I also checked that the bot files were in the build folder. With all this, I still get an unknown command when I try to use #bot.

In some of the forum threads for building on Windows I see there was something you needed to select to enable bots when doing your build. I don't recall anything like that when I went through my Linux build.

Anyone have ideas on what I need to do to get bots working?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:50 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39757

You need to edit the CMakeCache.txt as explained in that link
Old 08-13-2015, 11:53 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

You can also use this command argument: cmake -i .

This will allow you to choose the options you want. Just hit enter to accept defaults until you get down to where enabling bots is "OFF", then input "ON".

Then run: make .
Old 08-13-2015, 12:18 PM
BlackHorse
Fire Beetle

Default thanks!

Awesome, this was the missing link for me! The Linux build instructions on the main page here should get updated with that info.

Thanks so much.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 PM
BlackHorse
Fire Beetle

Ugh OK I spoke too soon. I did all of this and it seemed like everything was golden, no errors throughout. Enabled bots in the make file, rebuilt, copied the new executables over, ran the SQL statements, see all the updates in my database and still #bot is an unknown command.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Did the update script run?
Old 08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
BlackHorse
Fire Beetle

Both DropBots and then LoadBots SQL ran without error and I see all the bot tables in my DB.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:37 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

There should have been the autoupdate script when you start either ./zone or ./eqlaunch.

As a side note, if you are running those scripts, you need to make sure not to use the SVN ones.

Oh and make sure your rule set has BoTs enabled, i think thats in there....
Old 08-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Uleat
Developer

The bot code is always in the source. Whether it's included in the compilation is determined exclusively by your cmake settings.

Rerun cmake and ensure that you select bots..then click configure again and finally generate.

If there are any red lines on the cmake configuration screen, those options are not guaranteed (and most likely not) to be set.

If that was previously done correctly..then my second guess would be to double-check and ensure that you did actually
copy the new binaries.

(I don't even think the sql's are required for bot commands to be acknowledged..though, it may crash your server.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-14-2015, 08:32 PM
BlackHorse
Fire Beetle

Default Got it!

So I did check last night that I had truly copied the new files over... but when I edited the CmakeCache.txt today I saw that Bots was disabled. I either didn't save it or did something else in the process yesterday to reset it.

Anyway, recompiled and copied again and ta-da, working! Sorry for the silly need for help, but greatly appreciate everyone jumping in to talk me through this.

BH
Old 08-15-2015, 12:56 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

I seem to recall something similar, actually. Could be that it's not getting flipped on during the configure.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:12 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

I'm having a problem with bots. I enabled them thru cmake and source the load_bots.sql into my database. I can see the tables in my DB but they are empty. ALso, when I goto create a bot it says eq.bot_data is missing. Any help appreciated.

Mike
Old 11-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Uleat
Developer

Read through this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40091

I'm having computer issues atm and can't finish the updates that I've been working on..but, I can answer questions

EDIT: Run 'eqemu_update.pl' manually and select option 4. That will install/update to the current schema.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 11-12-2015 at 09:38 PM..
Old 11-13-2015, 11:28 AM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Thanks again Uleat. However, I saw somewhere on the forums how to manually execute eqemu_update.pl but search doesn't find it. Also, was I suppose to source in drop_bots.sql as well?

Thanks,
Mike

SOLVED:

The command is: perl eqemu_update.pl

Also I am able to create and use bots now, you rock! Thanks!!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

I forgot you went to Linux on your build...

Yeah, bots must be manually updated at this time (by running that perl script.)

But, hopefully, we'll maintain a tighter control on bot updates in the future by using this new system.

Compilin' Dirty