Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Martigan30
Fire Beetle

Default Dedicated EQEmu Server

I am in the military and will be going overseas where we will have very limited access to the internet. I want to set up a server to take with me, along with a router. Will I be able to set up a dedicated server and have others play off of it? Others will have their own PCs with them, and I was thinking of having them physically connect to the server via the router. Is this a possibility? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Yes this is possible but you will need to set up your own loginserver as well in order to allow for them to connect to you since you wont be using the eqemu login. I am not sure if the repack included the loginserver. I'd guess it does not, so you may need to follow the normal server setup guide first, build the loginserver executables (option selected in cmake during the setup process), and run the loginserver sql so your database has the correct tables. You also need to make sure your router is set to forward to correct ports (not sure which, but it is on the wiki somewhere). Setting this up could take a lot of time if you have never set it up before, but it is possible to do what you are looking to do.