Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 12:27 AM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Default need help with account recovery

Looking for some help to recover my account. It's been 25 days with no answer to my request.

-I only need the login name associated with all my other IP addresses.

-I know my passwords. I am not asking for any passwords.

-I desperately need a helping hand with an issue, and I have followed this website's guidelines in doing so. Here they are:

Issue: Lost Forum Account Name(s).
Solution: If you registered multiple accounts around the same time, it is likely they are registed under the same IP address. The IP is tracked each time a post is made and when an account is registed. The EQEmu team has the ability to search for accounts that use the same IP addresses. Depending on how old your accounts are, how long the time was between registering them, and some other factors, the EQEmu team may be able to locate your other account(s). You can make a request to get it checked out in a post or in a PM (not everyone is guaranteed to answer).

Help me, EQemu team, you're my only hope. -Princess Leia Organa (paraphrased)
Old 06-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

try this and wait for a reply good luck:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sendmessage.php
Old 06-27-2015, 04:09 AM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Awesome, thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

still no response
Old 07-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

try clicking on this link:
http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?LS
you should see your account names:

If your account is on this server:
http://www.project1999.com/
go here and post your message.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 PM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
try clicking on this link:
http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?LS
you should see your account names:

If your account is on this server:
http://www.project1999.com/
go here and post your message.
I have attempted to contact Rogean but he is much harder to reach than the presumably multiple administrators of this website. I can get my P99 login information from my EQemu login, so I am trying to do so as outlined in the Solutions section here.

I just need the EQemu login name associated with the IP address represented on this account. I already know my own passwords.

Still no response, 31 days of asking for help with this one issue.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Last seen Rogean June 30 you got mail
Old 07-03-2015, 06:49 AM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
Last seen Rogean June 30 you got mail
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 AM
provocating
Demi-God

You are persistent, I will give you that.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
You are persistent, I will give you that.
Persistent is leveling a couple characters to level 60 on P99. This is a footnote.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:26 AM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Still waiting and hoping for 1 instance of someone helping me.

If it's not this site's policy to help people with this problem, I suggest to remove the entire section devoted to this exact issue as referenced here:

Solution: If you registered multiple accounts around the same time, it is likely they are registed under the same IP address. The IP is tracked each time a post is made and when an account is registed. The EQEmu team has the ability to search for accounts that use the same IP addresses. Depending on how old your accounts are, how long the time was between registering them, and some other factors, the EQEmu team may be able to locate your other account(s). You can make a request to get it checked out in a post or in a PM (not everyone is guaranteed to answer).

it's pretty messed up to have a solution for the problem and then ignore somebody asking for help exactly as the site says they should.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonjustin View Post
it's pretty messed up to have a solution for the problem and then ignore somebody asking for help exactly as the site says they should.
The public login server is provided as a courtesy to the emu players by the EQEmu devs. They owe you nothing.

Quote:
Quote:
Issue: Lost Login Server Account Name(s).
Solution: Most likely this means you have also lost/forgotten one or more Forum Accounts. You may be able to identify and/or recover those Forum Accounts using the techniques explained in the previous related sections. If you are unable to identify using other means, the only person that can possibly assist with this is Rogean.

Be as impatient as you want. If you've sent a PM to Rogean then the only thing left for you to do is wait. As mentioned in the first quote, there's no guarantee of an answer.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:54 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Every person on this team is a volunteer. Most people have day jobs I am sure, maybe multiple jobs. We do this because we love Everquest, this is a fan based project, exactly that a project. I have no idea who has access to the loginserver, but probably only one or two people have credentials to access that database.
Closed Thread