Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 AM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

I've been messing around with the various globalloads posted here and they all cause terrible graphic probs in a couple of places. In The Warrens, the wall textures are messed up, and the kobolds IN the Warrens and in Tox are all the old, messed up-looking models. Also South Ro is completely ganked with the ground textures being replaced with non-ground textures and invisible textures. If anyone has a global load that does NOT cause these problems in these places, would you please post it or PM me with your working version? I would greatly appreciate it.
I have been rearranging entries and removing entries form the globalload and there is just too much to mess with and it is very time consuming.

EDIT-
AH! I found the cause of 2/3 of the problem. It was that same old pesky "1,0,TFFF,solrotower_chr,Loading Characters" hiding in the globalload.txt. I thought it was already gone but no. South Ro and the Kobolds are back to normal and all is well.
For any newbies who want to use global models and is unaware of the issues that line causes, double check that it is NOT in the globalload.txt.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelCahal View Post
For any newbies who want to use global models and is unaware of the issues that line causes, double check that it is NOT in the globalload.txt.
This is mentioned throughout this thread. I guess it's time to consolidate information lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

I get a lot of client crashes (SOD) when zoning with this list, is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
This will work through the latest client version.

Code:
 /snip.. globalload.txt list
Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

from client log;

>[Thu Jun 06 01:48:45 2013]00761:ERROR: Missing or corrupt datafile: Spdat.eff

followed by a big dump of hex and at the bottom a read error.
>[Thu Jun 06 01:48:45 2013]01044:Process was trying to READ invalid data.

No problems with standard globalload.txt

There are a few errors in the global load, I'll go through and clean those out tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

edit: might be a memory issue, client's hitting 1.8gb which is getting close to 2GB.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
TylerBarnes
Sarnak

I'm still having a bit of an issue with the textures loading.
In classic Toxxulia the kobold look all wonky, the wurms have purple something or other between their teeth and the lycanthopes have red decorative muzzles.
I tried deleting the solrotower but it didn't seem to help at all.
The kobolds in the warrens look fine and the lycanthopes in ToFS look fine
The one I'm using is the one GLGanjika shared on 06-30-2012 in this thread.
The client I'm using is Underfoot/HOT.
I have 8gb on ram. Is that not enough to handle it?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Missneye
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBarnes View Post
I'm still having a bit of an issue with the textures loading.
In classic Toxxulia the kobold look all wonky, the wurms have purple something or other between their teeth and the lycanthopes have red decorative muzzles.
I tried deleting the solrotower but it didn't seem to help at all.
The kobolds in the warrens look fine and the lycanthopes in ToFS look fine
The one I'm using is the one GLGanjika shared on 06-30-2012 in this thread.
The client I'm using is Underfoot/HOT.
I have 8gb on ram. Is that not enough to handle it?
8GB of RAM is enough for almost anything you could possibly need on a PC, at least for now. It is WAY more than enough for EQ. Make sure you deleted the solrotower AND potorment files and do anything else suggested in this thread.

GLGanjika's post was purely for OBJECTS, though. It didn't do anything to NPC models. I'm using SoF and the only issue I'm having is with the standard kobolds reproducing with the kobolds from Velk's, making a hideously deformed white/brown/gray kobold in a few zones.

Use Kayen's GlobalLoad (removing solrotower and such) for the NPCs and you should be good to go.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Not sure about recent clients, but older ones will crash if the process goes over 4GB (possibly even 2)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:36 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missneye View Post
8GB of RAM is enough for almost anything you could possibly need on a PC, at least for now. It is WAY more than enough for EQ. Make sure you deleted the solrotower AND potorment files and do anything else suggested in this thread.

GLGanjika's post was purely for OBJECTS, though. It didn't do anything to NPC models. I'm using SoF and the only issue I'm having is with the standard kobolds reproducing with the kobolds from Velk's, making a hideously deformed white/brown/gray kobold in a few zones.

Use Kayen's GlobalLoad (removing solrotower and such) for the NPCs and you should be good to go.
I get the multi-race kobolds with UF too.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:46 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
I get the multi-race kobolds with UF too.
Venkman: Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Has anybody updated this lately with the most current models from Live? I'm toying with refreshing a lot of zones and I know there are some in there that will be helpful.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
zerjz3
Banned

Does anyone know which entry to remove to get the wall texture in Najena to show up properly? It currently looks like very low res blue rocks and no matter which texture I replace in the s3d file I can't get it to go away. Assuming it has something to do with globalload, but the only info I found said to remove airplane_chr from globalload and that did not solve the problem.

Anyone else experience/fix this?
Old 09-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerjz3 View Post
Does anyone know which entry to remove to get the wall texture in Najena to show up properly? It currently looks like very low res blue rocks and no matter which texture I replace in the s3d file I can't get it to go away. Assuming it has something to do with globalload, but the only info I found said to remove airplane_chr from globalload and that did not solve the problem.

Anyone else experience/fix this?
The client will generally only load one texture with a specific name, and the first one that is loaded will block any subsequent textures with the same name. These are the (non-ubiquitous) potential conflicts I see:

Code:
sro_chr.s3d
-----------
rock1.bmp

unrest_chr.s3d
--------------
rock1.bmp

airplane_chr.s3d
----------------
rock1.bmp

beholder_chr.s3d
----------------
rock1.bmp

cazicthule_chr.s3d
------------------
rock1.bmp

erudnint_chr.s3d
----------------
rock1.bmp

freporte_chr.s3d
----------------
rock1.bmp

freportn_chr.s3d
----------------
rock1.bmp

kurn_chr.s3d
------------
rock1.bmp

lavastorm_chr.s3d
-----------------
rock1.bmp

nro_chr.s3d
-----------
rock1.bmp

oasis_chr.s3d
-------------
rock1.bmp
rock1.bmp does indeed look like blue rocks in at least some of those, while it's a bigger rocky wall in najena.s3d.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:08 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Thank you, Zaela - that solved my issue.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:11 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

so this got wolf form working in every zone so very nice but old nektulos still doesn't have a moss snake model so does this 'mod' only work for character models not monsters? How would I go about doing this for monster models?
Old 09-27-2016, 07:21 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

as far as I know old snakes were never overwritten. Check in DB to make sure which model your snakes are actually using.