Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Default Quantum Syndicate.

Currently, in order to get this project released, I am seeking a helping hand or two.

Shoot me an email at sinclipse@gmail.com, or message me here or reply to the forum, I'll get back with you.

Currently seeking -

Content Developer - Generalized knowledge of how-to on servers required.

------------------------

More information will be added to this post as time goes on, I just wanted to ensure those of which that have messaged me that yes, the server is still being worked on. Just not as quick as I'd like it to be.
  • 100% Custom Content.
  • 13 Custom Classes.
  • Custom Boss Scripts (every boss is scripted, one way or another.)
  • Progression done by tiers.
  • Leveling 1 - 50 (More as time progresses.)
  • 100% Custom spells.

Other random things - every class has a purpose(Sages slow, Keepers provide haste etc) the server will be locked to a two box, and you could in theory two box everything. Server will be HoT + >NO SUPPORT< for Titanium seen in the near by future, as I do not have a valid client. =P
Old 11-29-2014, 09:42 AM
zeldik
Sarnak

Sounds promising keep us updated if you find help.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Adding a little more - just about got the first leveling zone done, it'll be 1 - 20. Lots of special, and interesting gear, as well as a special quest, once accepted the NPC will de-spawn for anywhere from 24-92 hours. The item(s) from the quest(s) will be well worth it.

Second leveling zone is in mind, will likely be 21-40 and same type of set up.

Third leveling zone will be 41-50.

Fourth zone will be a gearing zone. All mobs will be 50 (except bosses//rares//elites//legendary who will be a higher level) *

After the fourth zone, you'll do your Class Quest for your special ability then proceed into tier zones.

While in the gearing zone you'll have to kill a boss to obtain a key for access into the tiered zones, once inside the tier zones spells will drop, or items that increase your spells potential. You'll be able to scale your spells to match up to melee capabilities, once I get the forums up and running I'll post a DPS chart of level 50s. (Even the tanks and healers!)

*Legendary mobs are extremely rare and drop a VERY powerful item, however if you wipe on them they de-spawn and are back into the spawn data. Every boss mob in the 50+ zones (gearing, tier, etc) will have a chance to spawn a Legendary version of itself, the item it will drop will be well worth the long drawn out battle, and chance of them to spawn. -- Here is an example;

Mob: Billy - Level: 53 - Status: >RARE< - Loot: Billy's Hammer - Stats: 10/15, 1H Blunt, 5 AGI, 5 DEX, 10 STAM.

Mob: Billy - Level: 55 - Status >LEGENDARY< - Loot: Billy's Legendary Hammer - Stats: 20/15, 1H Blunt, 10 AGI(5 Heroic AGI), 10 DEX(5 Heroic DEX), 50 STAM(25 Heroic STAM). - Effect: Billy's Anger - You feel angry **Increases damage dealt with 1H Maces by 150%**. --- While there is no mob in the game named Billy, you get the point.

~~~Still seeking an active DEV that wants to come build some zones...
Old 01-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

UPDATE;

RoF2 has been enabled on the server and it's recommended you get it, as all further updates will be done ON the RoF2 Client. (Steam F2P)

Few touch ups on the server have been done, a couple zones have been created and the start zone has been adjusted a bit. Will announce more when the time is right.

Things to expect when server is in beta;

Unless an update is found or someone figures it out - some of our custom classes will have 'BUY' on them, the only classes that are NOT supported on the server are; Druids, Shadow Knights, Bards, and Enchanter the rest are all custom classes and upon clicking on them your description box will show what they do, and what they are good for.

Thanks for sticking by, working on it alone is kind of a drain. Lol.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Providing nothing comes up I expect a website(at least forums), Alpha Build notes, as well a Open Alpha play-through where you will be able to complete zone one, level 1 - 20 in a week from now.

The purpose of opening it for that quick play through is to test bosses, test DPS, test healers and test tanks to see what needs to be adjusted to provide the best play through for the players.

Something to keep in mind - Everything about this server is custom, you will need ALL of the custom files, if you do not have them your play through experience will likely be very confusing.

* There will be a server launcher once Beta is live but, until then they will be located on the website.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:37 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Speaking of things coming up, I'm going to be a father! xD expect patch notes to hit later tonight. I just need to add 3 more loot tables and it's good to go =).

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:43 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

~~ALPHA BUILD~~

~Patch 0.0.1~

Things activated ONLY FOR ALPHA;
  • - Ghost will grant you all of your spells 1 - 20 as well as every ability set to 1 with a 400% increase to skills. | With Beta you will have to buy your spells//abilities from your class trainers, and your skills will only be going up 300%.
  • - Buff But - At level 15 grants you all level 20 player buffs, until then grants you movement speed. | With Beta she will only grant movement speed buffs. | With live she will be gone forever.
  • - Mobs drop actual gear and at a higher chance. | With Beta only the Corrupted Golem will drop weapons, trash will drop certain parts of gear, and some gear will not obtainable unless you kill a boss.
  • - Increased regeneration, when rest regeneration comes in, you will restore full mana, life, and endurance instantly. (Rest time set to 5 seconds). | With Beta this will be knocked to 10% per-out of combat with 1 second till out of combat.

Who are we : Quantum Syndicate.

What type of server : Custom//Legit//Progression.

What type of Custom Content will we see : Every boss in every zone is scripted. Some could be as simple as a random direct damage every X seconds, or it could be as difficult as a % changing fight (phases I think it's called?).

Our Website : http://quantumsyndicate.freeforums.net/

Back story : The Council of the Elders can no longer hold back the forces of Fury, they have requested Ghost, the Leader of the Forgotten Champions to hire the most qualified to stop him;

• The Warlord - A tanking class, capable of dealing fair amount of damage, weakening targets attacks. Uses 1H Sword, Shield and Plate Armor.
  • The Knight - A hybrid tanking/healing class, capable of sustaining and dealing fair amount of damage. Uses 2H Swords, and Plate Armor.
  • The Guardian - A hybrid dps/tanking class. The Guardian depends on their ability to dodge and riposte attacks. Uses two 1H Maces, and Leather Armor.
  • -----------------------------
  • The Sage - A healing class, capable of healing damage done to their allies, as well as slowing enemies to prevent fast attacks. Uses 1H Staff, Shield and Leather Armor.
  • The Priest - A healing class, capable of casting healing over times, shields, and direct heals as well as 'Sustained Faith'(DI), they are very powerful healers, but not much else. Uses 1H Mace, Shield and Cloth Armor.
  • -----------------------------
  • The Juggernaut - A melee DPS, capable of spiking very high in damage and moderate at sustaining. Uses 2H Axes.
  • The Assassin - A melee DPS, capable of sustaining high dps. Uses two Daggers.
  • The Warlock - A Damage over Time class, a decently difficult class to play they rely on their ability to drain their own life for mana to apply dots, and their life drain to keep their hitpoints sustainable. Uses 2H Staffs.
  • The Sorcerer - A caster DPS, capable of bursting high damage, with gear able to sustain high damage. Uses 2H Staffs.
  • The Stalker - A Ranger(Yes, a ranger), capable of sustaining very high DPS with the right gear and ability use. Uses bows primarily, but two 1H Swords if in close range combat.
  • The Keeper - A melee PET DPS. A Keepers pet is able to sustain most of their damage, the Keeper provides haste to their allies as well as the ability to heal their pet, but not themselves. Uses two 1H Maces.
  • The Mage - A caster PET DPS class. The Mage uses it's pet as it's primary source of damage, much like the keeper, The Mage can heal it's pet. Uses 2H Staffs.

Note ~ This server for leveling, at least is gear dependent. A Level 10 Guardian with no gear deals ~ 8 DPS with 519 Damage. A Level 10 Guardian WITH gear deals ~14 DPS with 878 Damage, and that gear when fighting bosses, is VERY helpful.

~NO BUFFS WERE USED FOR TESTING ~

Trash mobs are scaled with the lowest damage possible without being a complete push over, if you're level 10 you could likely 1 shot a level 6 mob though.

Boss fights are scaled upwards to be pretty difficult, at level 10 with no gear I was able to two box the first boss(who is level 7), I was using a Warlord + Sage, it was difficult and I died a few times.

~~Everything is open to be scaling down, or different. If Warlock's can't sustain themselves I will add a Life Tap effect to Haunt, or something to make them more viable for low levels, once they hit level 30... They'll be fine. Just please, if something isn't working the way it's meant to, or you feel could be done a little different, post on the forums, or get with me in game. I'll look at it and make a decision based on it.

Thank you for whoever tries out the server, plenty of work went into making it.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:45 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We are listed as; [DEV] Quantum Syndicate. (Name will change upon further progression)
Old 01-17-2015, 06:10 AM
Drajor
Developer

Grats on the good news and server alpha!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Shirodan
Fire Beetle

I downloaded the server files and am using the HoT client but I wasn't able to create a character. None of the screen controls were working.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Thanks Drajor! =D I'm pretty darn excited!

@Shirodan - HoT isn't supported. I mean, it is... but... -shrug- it's difficult to explain. I have a HoT//UF EQUI and DB string to go with it, I'll post that on the webpage, too.

I made the server on a RoF2 client (since it's free to play and mostly supported), I'll get a HoT//UF file and get it taken care of, but for now it's required to be on RoF2

~~ For those who have played I changed aggro radius to 10 - they will no longer merc you trying to kill one, OH! Keeper gear fixed, and Globalload files are on the forums.

~ Also - been thinking about doing spells a little different, set endurance and damage lower make them more sustainable for DPS... We'll continue to talk about this throughout alpha.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Shirodan
Fire Beetle

Okay, thanks. I thought I read that it was a HoT client somewhere.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

DB//EQSTR - HoT

EQUI - HoT

These custom files DO NOT have spell tooltips in them, but the spells should work just fine. They are found on the website, as well.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Thank you for everyone who has tested the server - We have new Alpha notes... It'll be in detail on the website, but the just of it is everyone got buffed.

Most spells by 20-40%, healing by 20%, mana cost reduction by 30%ish, endurance same thing...

Pretty much making every class viable to solo, but not able to kill bosses solo.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Gregalimule
Fire Beetle

Was trying to download required files today, for some reason the global files keep getting blocked. Not sure how to get around it