Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Default New Guide

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have created a new Server Setup Guide in the wiki. It goes over some of the changes that are in Mysql 5, use of CVS to download PEQ, and also how to get and install Angelox's Database.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5

It's still in a rough format, I think I got most of the kinks out of it, but it is working as of Emu 992 and Mysql 5.0.37. Hope this helps everyone out.

Post anything you may see that needs to be added to it, anything that may need fixed, removed, changed, jarred, rubbed, smacked, let down, fired, hired, talk to in a suave deep-toned voice, you get the drift, in here. Or PM me, whichever floats your boat.

SIDE NOTE

I am working on building up a more or less super guide that contains all sorts of goodies, because I am the kind of person that likes a manual to read in paper format so I dont have to worry about Alt-Tabbing my way through life.

Anyhow, here are some stats on it as of now

Have the following done

Play Guide for Client Side
Server Setup Guide with/without Mini-login (same thing as on wiki)

Already 18 pages worth of wholesomeness and I still have to add screenshots, diagrams, and pictures, as what is a guide with some pretty pictures huh. It will have things like Race, Model, Class List ect... Spawn Information, How-To's, Problem and Soutions gathered from around the fourms, and much more.

The final file will be in pdf format. It should be anywhere between 1-4mb, I am not sure yet, and should be pushing 60-80 pages. I'm hopping any how, if I run out of information I will add in the compete dialouge to Gone with The Wind to fill in for it.

Im out for now, Enjoy.

Please note, the CVS address for PEQ is WRONG in this guide! See this post for the proper information: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23536

Last edited by cavedude; 01-24-2008 at 06:06 PM..
Old 04-19-2007, 07:16 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

stickied.
at least for awhile, so it wont get lost in the shuffle of posts.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Edited Out

Last edited by techguy84; 04-20-2007 at 03:32 AM..
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Default Update

I have updated the guide to fix the Zone.exe Crash error. This was a mistake on my part. It now refers to copying your spell files from your Everquest directory.

Apoligies to anyone that has had issues with this. It was a second habit step of mine and I omited it not knowing.

Lots of /smack 's coming my way.... lol
Old 04-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

techguy84;
Thanks for getting that Wikki on a roll again - when you have time, if you look back through my posts, you'll find a lot of help in other areas that probaly would be put to better use in the Wiki. I plan on setting up interenet at work, If so, I will be able to spend more time on all this.
If I can help with anything , PM or post and ask
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Thanks Angelox, your help is always appriceated, I will let you know if anything comes up that I could use your assitance on. If you want to, gather up that info you had and email it to me in raw form. I will clean it up add the headers and specail text and stuff and get it up on the wiki. I have a lot to do, not just on my own guide, but I am going to work on straighting up the wiki. For instance, there are 6 or 7 references to guides to building your server for windows, but only 2 of them are 0.7.0 titanium compliant and complete from start to finish.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Revilor
Fire Beetle

Now this might not be a big problem, but something u can do if u got spare time. Is the change out the photo in the mysql server configuration set up with the correct picture. I had to look at the picture and read the one I was really suppose to pick, but I went with the words. Its on the bottom of page 16 last picture.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Ayajaelin
Fire Beetle

I have a little problem with the WinCVS. i followed the instruction on the module and when i click OK it say error.instead of downloading..
any ideas what might went wrong?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

Very good work, I really admire it.

Thanks for your effort, it'll really help a lot of people.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:15 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
cofruben
Really Cool Developer
Oh man, have I been looking for you.

I've been living in your LDON codes for weeks!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

what is this actually doing and why?

set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 PM
vales
Discordant

Nice job on the necro post from almost 3 years ago. =P

But to answer your question, it allows you to use your new MySQL account with an older database. Sometimes it lock syou out when your credentials don't match. Do a search on google on the exact query, and you'll get about 5000+ hits that'll explain it in more detail.