Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 AM
gibroni
Hill Giant

Default new server problem

hello, i have been a member for many years and had a server set up so long ago, seem like early 2000. i have decided to try and get back into this private server thing and have followed the sticky at top of this forum, but it seems to not be fully complete instructions. i have done everything it says (even twice to make sure i didnt miss anything). when i run the start.bat file, the eqemu login server loads up fine, then world tries to load but cannot connect and zone file never does open. seems there are some steps missing in the guide. i have read and read through the forums looking for answers, but it seems there so many different things going on. I am looking for a server than i can access thru three computers on my lan and also a friend can log in from his house. so im assuming i need a public login for that. but if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. if anyone knows what else needs to be done following the newest guide stickied at the top.

thanks in advance,
Gibroni
Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 AM
blackwaterr3
Fire Beetle

try running "EQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a" its not the newest but its very easy to work with (99% of the work is done for you)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:35 AM
trevius
Developer

Or, you can try this:

Leslamarch's AX_CLASSIC install kit
(to simplify full server installs for PEQ or AX database)
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28190

Also, if there is a particular step in the guide you were using that is causing you problems, let us know which step. You can post details of your current problem and we can probably help to get you running the rest of the way. If your world is not able to connect to the database, then your config file is probably set wrong.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
vales
Discordant

Finished the tutorial on the wikki.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
(I don't know how to change the actual title of the page, but it'll do until I figure it out, lol.)
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

ok well i got it running and showing up on the eqemu.net, but i cant log into it. giving some account error. and also saying account already exists. i have also been trying to mess with minilogin 6.2, which i believe is all i need, as i am just trying to just play with 3 computer lan setup in my house. Any help on getting it to work on minilogin would be greatly appreciated. as of right now, when i try to load up server for minilogin, its telling me i need to set up world for minilogin. im not sure what i need to edit to set it for minilogin. i have variables in db set to minilogin and have set loginserver to my ip.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
vales
Discordant

MiniLogin for LAN is not a good idea. There's no way to distinguish seperate accounts if they're coming from the same LAN network. Just use the new EQEmuLoginServer. It's like MiniLogin only, much better.

Everything you need to know is in my signature.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

ok so i got it all working correctly, no errors and can see my server. using minilogin. but when i click server to log in i, it locks up. i check my server status and am getting an error message with my account. says something about am i using a minilogin and so i am guessing there is something set wrong with accounts in the login account file. anyone have a clue how to solve this problem? what do i have to do to get my account to work and let me log in?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
ok so i got it all working correctly, no errors and can see my server. using minilogin. but when i click server to log in i, it locks up. i check my server status and am getting an error message with my account. says something about am i using a minilogin and so i am guessing there is something set wrong with accounts in the login account file. anyone have a clue how to solve this problem? what do i have to do to get my account to work and let me log in?
Make sure in the variables table you have LoginType set to minilogin, by default it is set to Public.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

i should have said that, but yes i have variables set to minilogin.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
gibroni
Hill Giant

i decided to try public login, using eqemulator.net. i get the same issues after clicking my server. something about not able to create my account. seems my login account database is not correct, even after following the setup guide. anyone point me in the direction of creating peqlogindb with correct sql tables.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM
blackwaterr3
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
i decided to try public login, using eqemulator.net. i get the same issues after clicking my server. something about not able to create my account. seems my login account database is not correct, even after following the setup guide. anyone point me in the direction of creating peqlogindb with correct sql tables.
minilogin is the way to go, the downside is you will no be able to be listed under eqemulator.net and the EQhost.txt on the Client will need to be set to your server IP with the login port 5999, you may need to add the accounts one at a time with there IP's under the SQL database.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Look at my post here and see if this works for you.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...1&postcount=52

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein