Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Default NPCs gaining haste from items?

Does anyone know if mobs gain haste from equipped items on live? It's been a while since I;ve played live, but I remember a few mobs who were different based on their equipped items (procs, etc), but I don't remember if they gained haste or not.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
trevius
Developer

Doesn't one of the Mage summoned pet items have haste on it?

One common example of an NPC with a haste item in it's loot table on live was "a frenzied ghoul" that drops the haste sash. According to even the main note on the NPC, it says he hits faster when he has the sash. Maybe somewhere in that long line of posts there are actual details on a parse to prove he is hasted by it.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3457
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Doesn't one of the Mage summoned pet items have haste on it?

One common example of an NPC with a haste item in it's loot table on live was "a frenzied ghoul" that drops the haste sash. According to even the main note on the NPC, it says he hits faster when he has the sash. Maybe somewhere in that long line of posts there are actual details on a parse to prove he is hasted by it.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3457
Yeah, I was referring to mobs, not pets. I was trying to remember the Warrior 2hs weapon with haste, but this works. I'll be submitting a fix along with the pet focus stuff today.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

nice on the focus fixes!

think you were going for the Executioners Axe btw. =)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I figured that was the one he was thinking of:
http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/item.php?id=5407

I am pretty sure that procs would effect an NPC just like any other buff. I think the main question would be if they are effected by haste from items in their loot table that is a worn haste.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

wait a minute..thats right...exe-axe is a proc! been awhile. =)

mithril two-hander was it! my bad.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Yeah, I was thinking about the Mithril Two-Hander. From the Allakhazam page for the Froglok King who drops it:
Quote:
OH btw, only sword affects his difficulty. You don't get more resists if he has crown because of his already minimal fire and cold resist. Well, maybe 1% more but not very noticeable.
Add that to your link for the Frenzied Ghoul:
Quote:
These fellows are very hunted for their sash, which every melee type would like. They hit very hard and very fast (especially when they're wearing the sash) and are a rather tough room to break.
and I would say, at least at this point in EQ, haste does affect npcs. Maybe that was changed, but I for our purposes, I think it does.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
steve
Discordant

WAAAAY back in the day, it was common-place for mages to summon a Muzzle of Mardu and get an enchanter to charm an NPC and then hand them a mask. I remember after leaving the shroom king camp in Sebilis, the enchanter in our guild would charm each NPC and then I gave them a mask.

As you can imagine, this made it very difficult for another group to move in and take the camp, as it was difficult enough on its own.

I believe if they spawn with equipment on their loot table, they get the haste from the item. But it was changed so that items given to an NPC after they are spawned do not give them any haste (regular summoned pets excluded, of course).