Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 AM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Hm. Even when I've followed the posted information, still says Cannot connect to server! Connet connect to database "peq"!

Im using all the same information at the Login, as I entered when creating a duplicated User. Even deleted THAT user, and created a new User incase i missed something, and same overall result. bummed out this looks like alot of fun!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlie_0 View Post
Hm. Even when I've followed the posted information, still says Cannot connect to server! Connet connect to database "peq"!

Im using all the same information at the Login, as I entered when creating a duplicated User. Even deleted THAT user, and created a new User incase i missed something, and same overall result. bummed out this looks like alot of fun!
Are you forwarding ports at your router correctly?
Are you allowing 3306 through your Windows Firewall?
Are you sure you are using the same exact credentials you made in your user

When you make your user you need to make sure that you don't use the IP address of YOUR machine - because it is specifying what IP address the user will connect FROM if you wanted to restrict it, otherwise % means any host.

All of these things have to be set up correctly or it simply won't work. Once it does - you'll be really happy.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:19 AM
rlie_0
Sarnak

I feel I have....followed it step by step. Its crazy its failed to really work lol. But upon install of mysql I did uncheck allow remote access. Or somewhere down the line where it asked me to allow it I did uncheck allow remote access and I think thats what the problem is.

I was asked this during the run your own server install and set up. I believe this box was unchecked during an install. Again I'm sorry about the noob question and problems. New to a lot of this but I'd like be become a part of all this. I see a lot fun interesting things other severs have done and I'd like to be part of this great community. So thank you for the help upto this point.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
I feel I have....followed it step by step. Its crazy its failed to really work lol. But upon install of mysql I did uncheck allow remote access. Or somewhere down the line where it asked me to allow it I did uncheck allow remote access and I think thats what the problem is.

I was asked this during the run your own server install and set up. I believe this box was unchecked during an install. Again I'm sorry about the noob question and problems. New to a lot of this but I'd like be become a part of all this. I see a lot fun interesting things other severs have done and I'd like to be part of this great community. So thank you for the help upto this point.
The part of the install that you check/uncheck is remote root access - which should be disabled.

You create a separate user for that function.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

What type of scripting is the "Zone Tools" my Mozilla keep blocking it. :(

It does however work on my Internet Explorer (but I hate IE) and it is really awesome.. I just want to get it working on my Mozilla.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post

It does however work on my Internet Explorer (but I hate IE) and it is really awesome.. I just want to get it working on my Mozilla.
It works in Google Chrome.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post

Blocking any sort of javascript or ajax methods will cause it not to work - most of EoC is built on AJAX methods.

I do all of my development in Google Chrome - I do after tests with Mozilla - and I completely ignore IE.

And yes - Zone tools are one of the most powerful tools in EoC. I didn't do much to explain what it does.

Last edited by Akkadius; 10-30-2013 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Remove, double post

Last edited by Maze_EQ; 10-30-2013 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: doubled
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:

Are you sure your database name is peq?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:13 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

When I set up the server I used the guide this forum has and any time I needed to source anything in the command promote I had to type in use peq in order to have it work.

So anytime I have looked tables or change anything in Heidi and navt I open the peq database. So I figured that's my database. It might be my internet browser IE or firefox are the two I've tried. Still can't connect. Would love to see this tho people love when they are able to log in and use this tool.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Randomly started working again, like 5 minutes after I posted this, still <3 it. I use it to make my spells, then copy then and export them... Have gotten 160 spells done in literally 30 minutes.

Using this program + shared_memory and exporting your spell table, it's just amazing.

I know I said it once, but I will again.

Great job you two.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

It's up again, its been botnetted though so I need to actually move it to another machine. Hit by the apache exploit. Fortunately the way EoC is built you don't have to worry about your connection info.

I killed the shit it was running and removed the tools they've embedded from the web services, but I'll need to rebuild the node. Not going to do it right now but EoC should be useable now.

Last edited by Akkadius; 11-22-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

the peqeditor part doesn't bring up peqeditor anymore for me...just your background
Old 11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura View Post
the peqeditor part doesn't bring up peqeditor anymore for me...just your background
It still works, not sure what issue you are running into.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Is it down again? Haven't been able to use it for a while?