Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:41 PM
Bovon
Fire Beetle

Default Adding FTE mesages

Hello, first post, please let me know if this is the wrong forum.

I have a server up and running on a linux machine.

P99 has an FTE (first to engage) message feature where the moment a raid boss engages somebody after not being aggro'd at all, there is a zonewide message that says <mob name> engages <player name> in yellow text.

I like that feature and so far I've found the message() feature but haven't been able to get much further than that. Has anybody else implemented something like that and can give me some direction?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:45 PM
snirke
Fire Beetle

i'm looking for the same thing.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:08 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

That can be done with an EVENT_AGGRO in the npc script in the quests folder. You would have to get to know a bit of perl (or lua) scripting. If you look at a really simple one, like Cognoggin in quests/lfaydark.

You can get lots of samples from existing quests, from the server/quests folder to use as a base for the learning process. Of course using the wiki on github helps out too.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:48 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I would not be opposed to adding this as a option in code so people don't have to add this to the quest for a million different NPCs. Probably just add something to NPCType and if that flag is set, say it, probably where we process EVENT_AGGRO.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:40 PM
Splose
Banned

global/global_npc
Code:
sub EVENT_AGGRO {
	if($npc->IsRaidTarget()) {
		quest::ze(15, "" . $npc->GetCleanName() . " has engaged " . $client->GetCleanName() . "!");
		quest::worldwidemessage(15, "[FTE] - " . $npc->GetCleanName() . " has engaged " . $client->GetCleanName() . " in $zonesn.", 1, 255);	#:: Worldwide GM only message
	}
}
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
I would not be opposed to adding this as a option in code so people don't have to add this to the quest for a million different NPCs. Probably just add something to NPCType and if that flag is set, say it, probably where we process EVENT_AGGRO.
You don't have to add it for every npc big lols. This will affect every NPC in every basement.

Last edited by demonstar55; 07-04-2021 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: NPC::IsRaidTarget is now exported to quest system, update example to reflect that
Old 01-30-2021, 07:27 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

For my own preferences, I wouldn't want the message code-forced on every raid mob. I like to pick and choose, so demonstar's db flag is a good idea.

EDIT:

The options would be left wide open for all npc's with a little sql.

UPDATE npc_types SET aggromessage = 1 WHERE raid_target = 1;

or getting a little more picky:

UPDATE npc_types SET aggromessage = 1 WHERE raid_target = 1 AND hp > 500000;

or sending out a message when someone engages the quillmane:

UPDATE npc_types SET aggromessage = 1 WHERE id = 14139;

Personally, I would love to see it spit out a we and mm server-wide message for all npctypes flagged.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:02 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
For my own preferences, I wouldn't want the message code-forced on every raid mob. I like to pick and choose, so demonstar's db flag is a good idea.
I just wrote what the guy above asked for.. You can just drop that in and it instantly works. The original guy didn't even know how to send a message so I don't think he's gonna know how to add it and handle it in the source.

Besides that the raid_target field doesn't do anything except for add the "this creature would take an army to defeat" message when you consider the mob. Any mob you'd care about having FTE on a p99-like server would already be designated as a raid target so the flag you guys are talking about pretty much already exists.

Edit:

With the PR I just added you'll be able to #npcedit raidtarget making it even easier to use it this way.. you can also change the == in my plugin to >= which will allow you to set raidtarget to 2.. this wont give you the con message but will give an FTE message.. so you could just set quillmane's raid_target field to 2.