Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:52 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Default Two unrelated questions. ModernAASacalingEnabled and Bot AAExpansion.

These two questions/problems are unrelated. I didn't think you guys wanted me to spam the forums with too many questions at once so I put them in the same post.

AA appeared to be a little slow so I wanted to test the ability to get some AA decently quick to help get some fundamentals and then go back to normal. As a test I did the following.

AA:ModernAAScalingEnabled = true
AA:ModernAAScalingAAMinimum = 0
AA:ModernAAScalingAALimit = 50
AA:ModernAAScalingStartPercent = 500

Even at 100 AA right now I am still getting the boost. I compared it to a friend back when I had 50 aa and he had 10 and we were getting the exact same percentage per kill so there appeared to be no scaling. Is this feature currently functioning or did I configure it incorrectly?

The second issue is with bots. Two years ago when I had a server setup I noticed that some bots were way too overpowered. I did multiple dps tests back then with the melee classes. I think it was the monk that was way out there at the time. Anyways, so when I started back up last week with a new install, not knowing what has or hasn't changed with bots over almost 2 years, I decided to limit the bots to 1 spawned and to set Bots:AAExpansion = 0 to try and manage their power. I prefer them to be as closely on par with a player as possible.

With that setting my mage crits now. If I use a cleric its buffs have been extended and crits on heals from what my friend says. From my research and understanding is that 0 is supposed to disable AAs. Do I have it configured correctly or perhaps I missed another setting I need to adjust or enable as well?

Thanks in advance!