Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Allairus
Sarnak

Default A few questions about PEQ

I have a server up and running for over a week and it works very well. I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered.

I was zoning around with my GM character checking things out and I got into some of the upper level zones like The Beasts Domain and there were mobs all around, but they were very weak. One hit killed them. This made me wonder to what point is PEQ fairly accurate to the live servers? I have characters up to level 30 and the content seems pretty close to live to this point.

Another question is what is a good max level to have in the current state? It seems if I set my GM character above 85 things get messed up a bit with his stats. For instance he won't get hit points over a certain amount.

I've also read about Bots in the game and I have a build of the server with Bots enabled. Is there a script or something I can run to make my database work with bots or do I need to start from scratch with the database?

Thanks for any answers to these question.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

The currently available DB is pretty accurate through GoD. The PEQ guys seem to be working on OoW, MPG trials are being worked on for example. The zones, mob stats, drops, etc. don't seem like they are quite polished yet though. Just my experience, maybe a PEQ contributor will chime in with more official information.

As for the bots, if you've enabled bots in your cmake, and rebuilt the code base. The only remaining step is to run the eqemu_update.pl script and use option 4 (select the option twice). Assuming the required SQL source correctly, the bots will be available ingame.

As for the excess level. I don't have any experience myself with it. My server is level locked to 65, with the 2x GM's at level 70. I've read posts in the past that the stats start to fall apart once you get above a certain level though.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I cannot attest to the max level in the basedata table on a fresh peq db but I think it is 85th. If you wish to go higher in level (I am currently stuck at 89 because it gets funky after that) you will have to import the basedata from the RoF2 client into your db. Personally I would cap it at 85 for now. The devs are working on a bunch of different stuff and levels beyond 85 are a lower priority compared to fixing other more critical things. Also 85 seems to be a sweet spot right now as other things tend to go wonky beyond that level, like class trainers and such. How that helps answer your question.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Krran
Sarnak

I've played on my own for several years now on a private server. I have stuck my characters at 68 because I can't get spells higher than that through normal means. But, that is just my preference to play like that. It becomes more difficult to find appropriately leveled mobs higher up as things are now, so if you level yourself too high, you will limit yourself to just a few zones that give xp unless you scale the mobs up or something like that.

Bots can be fun, but also real bastards sometimes. I use many of them for raids, and a few for groups. Would recommend trying them though if it's just you. It might take a while to get used to all the commands and such.

Also, the max level you can get before stuff gets wonky depends on the client you use, as far as I know. The newer the better, as long as it is supported.