Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Default Blood and Rank (PVP Discord) is in BETA and open for testing!

My friends and I really liked the idea of a Discord server, so we made one. Behold Blood and Rank! We are listed on the loginserver and more info about us can be found at BloodandRank.com

We know that we have a ton of bugs. Translocators are on, some mobs look like incorrect textures, etc. Right now we are testing the framework, I.E. the discord ruleset.

What is our server about? We are a Discord ruleset Classic server with a few added features to help make PVP interesting (like the compass being on.) Deaths are "Hardcore" meaning that your character will lose all of their items (lootable by your killer) and you will be reset to level one. We are in the process of incorporating a PVP Point system. In this system PVP Points will be accrued from player kills. Scores are cumulative. Top 5 per season in PVP points get great prizes. If you die in PVP or PVE you will lose your levels and your items. In addition you will lose half of your PVP points accrued for the season.

We have an XP bonus in place both for solo and group play. This is not so high an advantage that it ruins immersion while also giving "lone wolf" types the ability to fend for themselves.

No Boxing or Hacking. See our site for rules.

Global OOC and Auction are enabled.

Note: We are in BETA. This means that this project will grow with time and as such requires your patience. The server staff so far (still need one more GM and a code guy) are all adults over the age of 30 and we have a lot of experience playing on a PVP server. Patience, Understanding, and building a community will make this project a hit. Now who is with me?
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 AM
phorest
Sarnak

is there a pvp-free area where you can actually trade items or go afk without worry of being killed?
Old 11-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Veltira
Sarnak

That's a great idea. I will consult the players we have and figure out a solution.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Deleri
Fire Beetle

Quick question, what client is supported?
Old 11-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleri View Post
Quick question, what client is supported?
Well Titanium and RoF seem to work, not sure about the others but I can test them and get back to you. We have about 5 players on midday right now so weve been spending what time we have on addressing in-game bugs on the spot. As soon as i find another developer interested in this idea I can get more of these kinds of questions answered properly
Old 11-24-2015, 07:22 PM
Soak
Sarnak

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying this server greatly. I hope more people will give it a shot. The exp rates are bumped enough for it to not be a grind and the devs seem to be deeply invested in seeing the server succeed. Very cool.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:05 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

When you die you go back to level 1 and lose everything or just lose a chuk of exp,and the pvp'er can loot coin off your body only?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Currently we operate under this ruleset:

Dying due to PVP or PVE will reduce your character to level 1. Skills/spells/ etc are saved, however are still level gated.

A death in PVE will leave your corpse for 30 minutes with it's items. We have found that the higher level players cant get back to the corpses and the lower ones can but don't have much to get back to so currently it feels balanced. We may eventually chose to turn this feature off but for now it seems to work well.

A death in PVP will allow your attacker to loot your items and your coin. We may eventually set this down to 1 item or something but as it currently stands there's not enough pvp action to test how this will make or break things.

There is an XP rate increase that will feel natural for both solo and group players. It has been adjusted down twice and we feel we are at a great number now.

Our simple Rules:
1.) No Hacking/Use of third party programs.
2.) No boxing, one account per person actively playing.
3.) Respect the staff. These guys are volunteers after all.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Might want to put a link to your website as your sig, so people can know more about your server.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Might want to put a link to your website as your sig, so people can know more about your server.
Prov you are a source of inspiration on these forums! You've helped me more than anyone and i really appreciate it!
Old 11-24-2015, 11:30 PM
provocating
Demi-God

That looks much better
Old 11-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I approve of what I am witnessing here
Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 AM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Yeah I could see losing coin,and some exp but not restarting to level 1 but I guess some people will enjoy it.

Not for me Goodluck with your server though.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Sounds like a good idea, I definitely like the website, better than the usual forumotion or proboards website. If you need any help with anything, just let me know. Hope it goes well for you, sounds like a fun idea. I haven't seen PVP done well in a while, so let's see what you can do with it.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:31 AM
stota
Fire Beetle

Thank you all for the assistance and friendly critique. This is so far a fun project and I hope it turns into more. If anyone needs help in game message me on Kraack.