Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Deleri
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltira View Post
Currently we operate under this ruleset:

Dying due to PVP or PVE will reduce your character to level 1. Skills/spells/ etc are saved, however are still level gated.

A death in PVE will leave your corpse for 30 minutes with it's items. We have found that the higher level players cant get back to the corpses and the lower ones can but don't have much to get back to so currently it feels balanced. We may eventually chose to turn this feature off but for now it seems to work well.
PVE death is a bit harsh with resetting to 1. This seems like it would lead to only playing specific classes.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:14 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

I like the idea but low population and not enough threats will make it too easy for someone to hit 50ish and then kill new players all day.

This is what happened when I ran MortalQuest. There was no solution to keep the original idea intact so the server ended up shutting down.

I dislike the idea of a permadeath PVP server. I think a PVE permadeath server would be infinitely more fun with an accelerated XP rate.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I like the idea but low population and not enough threats will make it too easy for someone to hit 50ish and then kill new players all day.

This is what happened when I ran MortalQuest. There was no solution to keep the original idea intact so the server ended up shutting down.

I dislike the idea of a permadeath PVP server. I think a PVE permadeath server would be infinitely more fun with an accelerated XP rate.
Good info, thank you. We know we wan to run a PVP server and teams has been done so we thought we might try Discord. It is proving to be a challenge because we work hard on a world most people see as too harsh to play on.

Just gotta stick with the plan for now, we may amend things later.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:27 PM
microlo
Sarnak

I tried playing on this server i couldnt even level up past level 1 PVE was kicking my ass, tried necro and mage and bard.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:02 AM
stota
Fire Beetle

We are doing some huge changes based on user input and suggestions. Stay tuned.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stota View Post
We are doing some huge changes based on user input and suggestions. Stay tuned.
He's right. Through community feedback the discord idea just doesn't seem sustainable. We have decided to still run a server seeking to separate ourselves by doing something unique. We are int he process of bringing up our brand new Legends server. Like 2002-2003 Legends server, this server will be in old world content with gm events daily. We appreciate all the help toward discord but most of the people we talked to really liked our staff and only stayed because of the staff, not the rule-set. This way we keep the same content while offering something new. Stay tuned, i will reformat a website and make a new post here.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

We are locking this thread down as it is no longer relevant. Please see http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...342#post245342
Old 11-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Uleat
Developer

*** Thread closed per Veltira's request ***

Compilin' Dirty
Closed Thread