Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:59 PM
Walkure
Fire Beetle

Default Setting up my offline server

Hello all, I just got my server up and running on EQEmu. I am having an issues creating an "offline" version. I would like to be able to use my labtop while on the go to play EQ. I sometimes spend weeks without internet and would like to continue to play. I have read through a bunch of threads, alot of them seem out dated. I am also not the most savy when it comes to this stuff.
I went to my eqemu_config JSON file and attempted to edit "world server" section. I changed "login.eqemulator.net" to the ip address for my login server, which I got from the initial set up. I also change the eqhost text doc to Host=(My IP address):5999. When I start my client it opens and gets to log in. When I click connect it says it cannot connect and i should check my connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.

On a side note, It makes me very happy to see this game still alive and such a great community of people continuing it. Look forward to playing with many of you, when I have internet ofcourse.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:22 AM
Walkure
Fire Beetle

Default Solved

Alright gang, seems like i figured it out it was as simple as chaning the loginserver 1 in my eqemu.cinfig to 127.0.0.1 and my eqhost file to the same.

New question, is there a way to set up a "progression" server?
Old 01-29-2021, 04:50 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Everything is possible, but that's a very vague ask Progression can be as simple as locking out content until certain criteria are met, or you manually throw the switches. So it depends on what you want to do. It's your server, and it looks like you will be playing on it alone, so you can do anything you want.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:53 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Hi Walkure, I received your private message, but I like having these discussions in the thread. It just helps future folks who need help, and I am by no means an expert on progression, so there's a very good chance someone else will chime in.

What I meant was that you could go in to the database and lock out certain zones, and content, and strip away things you want to avoid through manual effort or scripts. This is not easy work and as previously mentioned, things rely on other things... Like some of the loot you find might require a certain level and you blocked that level, or maybe a quest turn-in is in a zone you locked out. Progression, done right is a massive blanket that considers all of this and typically has programmers scripting it all out. It sounds to me like you are very new to this, and doing any of that right out the gate is only going to frustrate you. If you're hell bent on playing alone on your server and want to do these things, research these forums and see what others are doing, and setup a second instance of the server, DB and all, so while testing, you don't destroy your working server.

It's a massive task, and I'm being fair and honest here. You really can't just jump in here and ask "Hey guys, how do I setup a progression server?" Start with the basics and learn as you go. Get familiar with the server you just setup first. Are you backing it up regularly and automatically? That's a great action item to help you learn Linux. What's your plan to upgrade it? Upgrades are one of the first trivial tasks I had to learn to do without starting over each time.

In the end, find out what you like about running your server. You may find you don't like all the coding and fuss, and just choose to play on one of the already setup servers which are amazing and supported by teams of programmers.

Good luck, it's an awesome community and a great learning experience.