Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Manastomp
Fire Beetle

Default cant log in to project 1999

Hey I've been playing on the project 1999 server and love it.
EQ crashed while I was zoning, and I had to restart my computer cause ctrl+alt+delete was not responding, I can login to the server select, but it says there is an unknown error when I try to connect to the p1999 server, after several attempts I tried another server to see if I could connect, and it let me go to EZ server no problem. Any idea why I cant connect to p1999, maybe my character is still active and the server wasn't notified that I logged off after I crashed and restarted my computer?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM
xozmax
Fire Beetle

Im actually getting this as well. I crashed and get that unkown error connecting to server message while attempting to connect to the EZ Server. I can however connect to other servers.

Any info on this anyone know ? or does it take insanely long for characters to leave the game if a crash has occured.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:19 AM
trevius
Developer

For IP limiting servers, it normally takes about 5 minutes or so before your old session/char fully clear out and it will allow you to connect again.

I don't think EZ server does IP limiting (as far as I can recall anyway), so that really shouldn't be a problem. And, if the issues are lasting more than 5 minutes, you probably want to take up your issue directly with the server you are having the issue on.