Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
ChezPizmo
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Need help fresh off of install

I got my hands upon Everquest Titanium and installed it on my computer recently. It came with a readme with these instructions, which I followed. They were this:

"EverQuest Titanium Private Server Setup: How To

1.) Go to Run Type in "%HOMEDRIVE%Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqhost.txt"
Without the Quotes

2.) Now Modify the file to look like.

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Goto File, Save and close the File now.

3. Now Modifying the EverQuest Shortcut.

Right Click the EverQuest Shortcut the Install Made. Goto: Properties

Now Change Target

To: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme -w

Click Ok Button.

That is it for getting on, now you need a login server account.

Creating your Login Server Account: How To

1.) Goto "http://www.eqemulator.net/forums" And Register an Account without Quotes. it's FREE

2.) Next, Goto "http://eqemulator.net/forums/profile.php?do=newlsaccount" page without Quotes.

3.) Pick a Login Name, Login Pass ( You May have up to 3 Account Per EQEMU Username. )

thats it Your Ready to Play EQ for Free.

«·•· (`÷·»··¤÷×( Hope you Spread the Word Enjoy the Game. )×÷¤··«÷±·´) ·•·»"

((I changed /Program files/ to /Program files (x86)/ because that's where the installed default installed to))

The program and everything runs fine but on the main screen when I try to sign in with my name from here that I registered like in the above instructions it just comes back saying it can't find anything to connect to and so forth. I put my named into the station name part because I just assume that's where it goes.

Any insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
ChezPizmo
Fire Beetle

I forgot to mention, I tried changing the number in the txt file from 5998 to 5999 because I saw in another thread on here that suggested that and it still did not connect.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 PM
ChezPizmo
Fire Beetle

C'mon You Bastards!!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPizmo View Post
C'mon You Bastards!!
That's an encouraging way to get people to help you. Try searching the forums or going here: http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

You might also want to read the FAQ from the link above as well. There is a bit in there about downloading Titanium, which obviously you did.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM
trevius
Developer

There are multiple reasons why we don't support illegally attained clients such as the one you clearly got. One of the main reasons is because there is no way to ensure that your client is even functional and compatible with EQ (for all we know, it could even just be a virus/trojan). There is no reason for people here to waste our time trying to support something that may not even be compatible and also breaks the rules of this site.

If you can get it working on your own, then more power to you. It is actually quite easy if you have a compatible client and follow the play guide.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
There are multiple reasons why we don't support illegally attained clients such as the one you clearly got.
Yeah if you just get a black screen your not compatable which means you wasted time downloading that off whichever is your preffered torrent site. Hopeyou dont got a virus. =D

But just buy the game off of Amazon its really like 10 bucks why not buy it to support the game we all love oh so much.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
ChezPizmo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQstarr View Post
That's an encouraging way to get people to help you. Try searching the forums or going here: http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

You might also want to read the FAQ from the link above as well. There is a bit in there about downloading Titanium, which obviously you did.
I didn't sincerely mean to call anyone "b*st*rds" (fixd it), really. Although I suppose such things don't come through very well through text. But hey, it got someone to reply :P

Also, I did not torrent this. I actually bought it from a local bargain store named Bargain Mart or some shiz. It was nearly at the bottom of a video game bargain box. I played EQ many many years ago so I decided to pick it up again. However I didn't/don't know how to plug into eqemu so I googled to try and find some pointers. The OP is what I found and went by. I just pasted it over here to let everyone know what I went by and what changes I made. Cheers.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

You have your main account for the website.
GoTO http://eqemulator.net/forums/profile...o=newlsaccount
Then you have to create LS Account.
after done make sure you change your eqhost.txt to look like this.
[LoginServer]
Create a shotcut to look like this with the quotes.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Use your new LS Account to connect done.
P.s Please don't use obsean language around here Thank You!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:31 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPizmo View Post
I got my hands upon Everquest Titanium and installed it on my computer recently. It came with a readme with these instructions, which I followed. They were this:

"EverQuest Titanium Private Server Setup: How To
Sorry, Titanium purchased from a retail store does not come with instructions to setup and play on an emulator server. Also, finding Titanium at a retail store is extremely rare these days.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
ChezPizmo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Sorry, Titanium purchased from a retail store does not come with instructions to setup and play on an emulator server. Also, finding Titanium at a retail store is extremely rare these days.

I googled how to plug into eqemulator.org and this is what I came across after digging around forums and what not. The instructions did not come in the retail box. It also looked to be used or returned, so it wasn't a brand new Titanium at a retail store; it was a used/returned copy in a bargain basement store that had a bit scuffed CD and no sort of manuals. Shall I timestamp?

EDIT: I'm not looking to get into a flaming fight here. I simply came here for pointers on this sort of "project" that sprang up randomly when I came across the game because I didn't know where to go with it. I bought it assuming the game wasn't even online anymore. Like I said, I played many many years ago from vanilla up until PoP so I bought it more out of nostalgia than anything. So once I googgled around and found out I could maybe plug it in here, I figured this is where I'd ask. My OP is proving to be very misleading.
My mistake.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
You have your main account for the website.
GoTO http://eqemulator.net/forums/profile...o=newlsaccount
Then you have to create LS Account.
after done make sure you change your eqhost.txt to look like this.
[LoginServer]
Create a shotcut to look like this with the quotes.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Use your new LS Account to connect done.
P.s Please don't use obsean language around here Thank You!
Follow what this guy said once you download it...cant get simpler then that.

Quote:
Everquest Emulator FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - Read It!
For any other questions please click his signature.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein