Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM
mmaker
Fire Beetle

Default OP_CharacterCreate wrong size?

I've got my server running and I can log in to my login server and connect to the world server and try to create a character, but then I get:

Wrong size on OP_CharacterCreate. Got: 80, Expected: 88

I did a search, but didn't find any reference to this message since 2004.

I'm running a fresh install of Titanium with the latest server SVN source as of a few days ago, so it should all be compatible; I am running a 64-bit server, but the message definition looks correct so the client seems to be sending the wrong data.

I presume there is only one version of the Titanium box set out there ? It looks to be the same one that's linked to from the FAQ.

BTW, there's also a bug in that the server creates a database entry for that character name before it checks the character creation message, so after it rejects the message, the name can't be reused.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
mmaker
Fire Beetle

Ah, OK, I rebuilt with the latest sources from SVN and it's stopped complaining. The world server now silently exits after finding the start point, but at least it accepts the character creation message.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
mmaker
Fire Beetle

OK, I was dumb, I rolled SVN back to the same revision as the database and then it stopped crashing. Then I had to change my zone port numbers to < 32768 or the Titanium client barfed because it apparently thought they were negative numbers. Would probably be a good idea for the server to reject port numbers which the client can't handle.