Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

This should give everybody an idea of how I am building the class paths on the new server. One thing I wanted to do this time was make
sure you "WORKED" your way up to greatness instead of just have it handed to you. A lot of players despised that about the older servers
and I can see why. Nobody just wants to be the best out of the box. It gets boring and you feel like you didn't earn your toon. The below
table is the finished product for the Eradicator DPS Warrior. You'll notice that as you get these special items (story will explain why I have
chose items for this system) you'll get a stronger evolving buff for each tier of item you obtain. Eventually at 60 (THE RING OF POWER!)
you'll gain 5 features to your path buff that will make you a bad ass.

With this said, leveling in the new server has been greatly toned down. Players will really need to earn 60 and not just get it
with x7 experience bullshit etc. The journey is indeed a big part of the fun of character development. That's also why I don't
have spell/disc trainers either or npcs to hold your hand. Players will also lose experience when kicking the bucket as well. I wanted
to bring the challenge and fun back that a lot of players enjoy about EQ but also add my own crazy spin on what I feel will be an
entertaining casual experience.

• ERADICATOR

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Eradicator: Engine of Destruction (EoD)
- TIER 1: 50% to base melee crit for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: 100% to base melee crit, 20% haste3 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: 150% to base melee crit, 30% haste3 and 300% more kick damage for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: 200% to base melee crit, 40% haste3, 400% more kick damage and 120% more melee damage.
- TIER 5: 250% to base melee crit, 50% haste3, 500% more kick damage and 150% more melee damage.
Also grants lightning proc -> 13xlevel damage.

EARNED AT 10 - CHARM: Power Strike - Deals 10 x level damage to a single target. Grants EoD Tier 1. CD: 12 seconds
EARNED AT 20 - SOURCE: Burst of Force - Deals 20 x level damage to all enemies within 10 yards. Grants EoD Tier 2. CD 24 seconds.
EARNED AT 30 - EARRING: Born to Slay - Increases melee crit by 300% for 18 seconds. Stacks with and Grants EoD Tier 3. CD 36 seconds.
EARNED AT 45 - BRACER: Lightning Strike - Deals 40 x level damage to a single target and stuns them for 4 seconds. Grants EoD Tier 4. CD 30 seconds.
EARNED AT 60 - RING: Eradication - Blast a single target with a massive surge of force for 50 x level damage. Grants EoD Tier 5. CD 12 seconds.

Items on the new server will also scale 1 to 60. You're not going to get those stats above until 60. It's all
part of the "Earning" your toon process that I am focusing on with this server.

More to come.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I wanted to talk a little bit about life taps on the new server. I was originally going to do 10 INT = 1% but I decided that's too low with the current way I have taps only doing a MAX with a caster DPS path 38xlevel damage. That's if that caster had a lifetap at 60 when they got there ring. Instead, I've allowed life taps to do full damage but the healing aspect will be on a rule value so I can control if they are getting out of hand.

Example: 500 INT Necro path with 38 x level life tap deals 2280 +500% which = 13,680 damage. If life taps were allowed to get all of that back as healing they would be incredibly OP. So with this system, I'll allow the damage to work at full INT bonus but the healing will be reduced by an amount that I can always change so things don't get crazy.

More to come.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Mmm 48 more classes to choose from in Classic, that in will no way be balanced whatsoever and everyone will run FOTM.

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Keep on keeping on!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Mmm 48 more classes to choose from in Classic, that in will no way be balanced whatsoever and everyone will run FOTM.

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Keep on keeping on!
flavorhater_eq
Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

FOTM is sadly inevitable in every mmorpg. Number crunchers won't mysteriously
vanish nor will they stop finding the most powerful combo to be. All any dev can do
is try to balance the game as best as they can. Can class paths get close to being
balanced out? Yes, but not with the system I used before. I found many flaws with
how I did things and I'm not going to promise everybody that this time around
will be the greatest thing ever either. What I can say is that my new system has
a strong point base value but also evolving path buffs that won't let paths get out
of hand with some crazy buff they get that another does not. Each path will have
an evolving buff no matter what role they are. This is something I didn't have
in any of my older servers. Should I just stop making unique and fun variations
of class paths because things won't be 100% balanced? Absolutely no way.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

It's Just Maze, should have not even bothered responding to him, Just keep doing your thing Drak.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

I would say add him to your ignore list.. but when someone quotes him directly under the post.. that kind of defeats the purpose of ignore :p
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

you do some real nice work, awaiting server testing !
Old 08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The server is coming along nicely but I am going to tone down on the scale of path spells big time because the current ones are doing too much damage compared to a normal spell. Path spells (based on the class type) will be around the same power level as spells in live, but are instant cast from the path item you get. With that said, I might also make the CD a little longer as well for nukes on path items. 12 seconds for a quick blast as powerful as a normal wizard nuke is not fair to wizards. I want to make sure casters can still toss some of their normal spells in to the mix along with adding their path powers.

The Eradicator info I posted earlier is not official on the numbers and is only to be taken as an example at this stage.

More to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
you do some real nice work, awaiting server testing !
Can't wait to get things rolling for everybody. Thank you for the support.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Aquaojo
Sarnak

Hey Drak!! Amped up to see you bringing back a server!! Can't wait to play again!!

-Aqua/Dos
Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
petwaitress
Fire Beetle

My best memories were playing on your servers. I can't wait to see the finished product. A legacy of some sort to returning players would be a great incentive
Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Wood_Elf
Fire Beetle

Can't wait to see so many familiar faces on one EMU. Made a lot of great friends on Varlyndria. Seeing all of these people I know from V1-2 planning on being there is great.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

It's going to be great to see players from Varlyndria join together again for another epic
adventure, no doubt. Greetings to all of you!

So I wanted to tell players about what my team and I have came up with for the boxing/ip limit rules
on the new server. Having more than 1 ip per account will not be allowed until you prove yourself
to the community as a helpful and loyal player. You do this by helping out in the game and especially
on our server forums. There will also be an application process as well that needs to be approved by the team.
IP exempts in this regard are for Families/Friends playing together ONLY.

If you pass and get an IP exempt we will grant you the ability to box up to 3 accounts. If we see
characters moving together in sync or obvious things going on where three toons are being played
by one person we will investigate immediately and take action on your privileges.

These rules are strict and in place not to pick on players who want to box multiple accounts but
to make the new server as balanced as possible where everybody can enjoy themselves in a clean
fair environment. Also, donating to get IP exempts goes against the cosmetic rule system and will
not be an option.

I know a lot of players are adamant on boxing tons of accounts but with the new system we have
for bots (a lot of the coding has been improved greatly for them) the server will allow players
to run around with their own groups and stick to the vision of 1 champion and 5 followers. Or players
can even group up if they wanted to. We feel that boxing is just a cheap way to blow through content
faster than intended and we absolutely will not tolerate it.

The exact mechanics and application process are currently in development by the team. With the hours
of work put into this server, there has to be rules that benefit the player base as a whole. I hope you will
still try out the new server if these rules are not to your liking. The server however is very solo friendly
so you won't NEED to box tons of accounts to get where you want. It's overkill.

With that said, here is an official example of one of the other paths on the new server. This time
around I really wanted to make sure the base class of EQ was merged with your path choice,
not completely ignored by it. If you notice below, this gives wizards an option to go into a more
control role and increase the cold damage of the spells they already get in the game. Things
like this will be what I am aiming to achieve and is a very important aspect on keeping the game
balanced.

• FROSTWEAVER (CONTROL)

SPECIAL NOTE: The melee mitigation from Herald of Winter is reduced further by Glacial Shield
and they do not stack at Tier 5 as a total of -65%. Example: 100 damage is reduced by 25% from HoW and becomes
75, that 75 is than reduced by 40% from glacial shield which becomes 45 total damage taken.

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Herald of Winter (HoW)
- TIER 1: Increases cold damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases cold damage by 80% and melee mitigation by 10% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases cold damage by 120%, melee mitigation by 15% and evasion by 10% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases cold damage by 160%, melee mitigation by 20%, evasion by 13% and CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases cold damage by 200%, melee mitigation by 25%, evasion by 17% and CHA by 25 for 1 hour.
Also grants a bonus of +200% more cold damage.

- CHARM: Numbing Cold - Puts an enemy to sleep and debuffs their melee mit by 15 x level percent for 30 secs. Grants HoW Tier 1. CD 36 secs
- SOURCE: Ice Dagger - Deals 10 x level cold damage to a single enemy. Grants HoW Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Hypothermia - Afflicts an enemy with hypothermia, putting them to sleep for 90 seconds. Grants HoW Tier 3. CD 18 secs
- BRACER: Glacial Shield - Shield of ice that increases melee mitigation by 40% for 18 seconds. Grants HoW Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Summon Ice Golem - Summons an ice golem to aid you until death. Grants HoW Tier 5. CD 300 secs

A lot more to come. Stay tuned.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Greetings,

Just wanted to stop by and inform everyone who has been waiting patiently for more info that things are
running smooth and the server is coming along well. I am taking hours of my time making sure each
and every path I make is useful. I have also made some changes to the enchanter class to make
them more appealing to players aside from being a babysitter of mobs. Also, all pet classes have
stronger dps pets at lower levels now. Starting around the 16-18 range instead of 30+

NOTES:
- Enchanters now get Animation Empathy as a Shadows of Luclin AA and they may also learn all 3 ranks instantly at level 1 for no cost.
- Enchanter animation pets have been improved in level and stats. (They were terrible before)
- Enchanter animation pets now have new models for their weapons and shields each level.
- Enchanter, Necromancer, Shadow Knight, Magician and Beastlord pets now dual wield at a much lower level than before.

Below is an example of one of my newest creations. Also, I have hiked up the stat buffs a lot compared to what you saw on the
frostweaver above. A 25 CHA boost at tier 5 wasn't cutting it. Remember that each point of STR, INT, DEX, CHA and WIS you
get on the new server matters and actually makes you do more damage/healing depending on the category.

I wanted to really get some paths on the new server this time that are appealing to the players who like to group and
help out their teams. The Animator Path below does just that, but they also get a very nice reward for reaching Tier 5
as well. The Iron Golem is better than any pet they get normally and really puts the path into a good spot for themselves.
Support paths will always share their Evolving Path Buff with their team. I have made sure these types of buffs stack with
absolutely everything. However they cannot stack with another evolving group path buff of the same type.

• ANIMATOR (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF (GROUP) -> Deviser's Enlightenment - (DE)
- TIER 1: Increases your groups STR by 15 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your groups STR and INT by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your groups STR, INT and CHA by 45 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your groups STR, INT, CHA and DEX by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your groups STR, INT, CHA and DEX by 75 for 1 hour.
Also grants the group a defensive proc which summons a level 60 puppet to attack their enemy for 9 seconds.

- CHARM: Killer Book - Launch a killer book at your enemy that strikes for 5 x level magic damage. Grants your group DE Tier 1. CD 18 secs
- SOURCE: Golemancy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, mit by 15% and haste3 by 30% for 1 hour. Grants your group DE Tier 2. CD 24 secs.
- EARRING: Joint Control - Increases your groups melee damage by 135% for 18 secs. Grants your group DE Tier 3. CD 36 secs
- BRACER: Master of Animations - Raises your CHA by 240 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants your group DE Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Summon Iron Golem - Summons an iron golem to aid you until death. Grants your group DE Tier 5. CD 300 secs

I hope you all enjoyed this. More to come.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Any chance I can get a response to a PM I sent you 8 months ago?